THE 2022 RED HOT RAM CONTEST (THE "CONTEST") IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN ALBERTA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE "CONTEST RULES").
1. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 AM. Mountain Time ("MT") on the morning of Monday, February 21st, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time ("MT") on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open to all legal residents of Alberta who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who possess a valid driver's license.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter:
(a) employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation (Calgary Flames, Calgary Hitmen, Calgary Roughnecks, Calgary Stampeders, Stockton Heat), FCA Canada and the Alberta Chrysler Dealer Advertising Association (collectively, the "Sponsor"), (ii) the applicable prize supplier(s) for the Contest, and (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest;
(b) a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing individuals;
(c) previous winners of any of the following contests: (i) King of the Rink, (ii) King of the Turf, (iii) King of the Field, (iv) Dodge Ram Caravan Giveaway, (v) Red Hot Ram Contest (vi) Dodge Dart Duel
Additional eligibility criteria may be stated from time to time in connection with the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. HOW TO ENTER
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
(c) Entries are limited to one (1) entry per day. Any additional entries within the same 24-hour period will not be accepted.
(d) In total sixteen (16) Contestants will qualify for the 2022 Red Hot Ram Contest. Fourteen (14) Contestants will be randomly selected from online entries submitted via the www.calgaryflames.com/ram contesting page. A further two (2) contestants will be randomly selected in game on April 21st, 2022 (excluding those among the finalists). Finalists must attend the Giveaway event on April 21st, 2022 to be eligible to win any prize.
In the event the Contest allows entries via a social media entry mechanism, including but not limited Facebook, Twitter, Google or a Google affiliate including Google +, YouTube or Instagram, entrants must log into the applicable third party social media service or site (each such service or site, a "Third Party Service") during the Contest Period and follow instructions provided by the Sponsor on how to enter. To enter the Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and you may be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account. By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with the Third Party Service's terms and policies. Anyone found entering the Contest using multiple accounts on a single Third Party Service will be ineligible.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a Third Party Service, including third party websites such as Rogers Sportsnet, all entrants acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and not to any Third Party Service. By participating in the Contest, you completely release any Third Party Service of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
(e) The "Contest Entry Form" may be submitted through the following methods:
i) Complete an online entry with the Ram Team on the concourse through the Ram activation site during 2021-2022 Calgary Flames home games via tablet.
ii) Online entry via the URL: www.calgaryflames.com/ram on their own personal device such as (but not limited to): laptop, mobile phone, electronic tablet, etc. The Contestants must complete each section of the contest entry form in detail.
(e) The Official Website for the 2022 Red Hot Ram Contest is www.calgaryflames.com/ram
(a) Grand Prizes. There is one (1) ("Grand Prize") available to be won by the one (1) Grand Prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") consisting of:
i. A 2021 RAM 1500 truck.
ii. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of (MSRP) Sixty-one thousand, nine hundred and ninety five dollars ($61,995) CDN. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash.
(b) Runner-up Prizing: There will be a prize for the three (3) runner-up finalists in the final round. Prizes are courtesy of Calgary CO-OP which has a total value of Nine Hundred Dollars ($900.00) CDN. Each runner-up finalist will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) CDN in the form of a gift card which is redeemable at any Calgary CO-OP in the Calgary and surrounding area, in accordance with the terms specified on the gift card.
(c) Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any, and there is no cash alternative.
(d) The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all expenses relating to the prize including insurance, registration, license, travel to and from the location necessary to collect the prize, and any other expense not explicitly included in the prize description. The Grand Prize will not be awarded unless winner shows proof of having a valid driver's license, and has satisfactory insurance.
(e) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right, their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(f) The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded the actual 2021 RAM that was exhibited at Calgary Flames home games. The Grand Prize Winner will pick up the vehicle at the Scotiabank Saddledome or allocated Calgary location (as selected by the sponsor) in Calgary, Alberta at a future date. Travel to/from the dealership will be at the Grand Prize Winner's expense.
5. FINALIST SELECTION
(a) Before being declared a finalist ("Finalist"), each potential Finalist will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged meeting or telephone call.
(b) Each Finalist must consent to the Contest Sponsors' use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement, and image for any publicity or promotional purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
(c) The sixteen (16) contestants must be present at the Scotiabank Saddledome on April 21, 2022. Each contestant will be required to check-in with a Calgary Flames employee and sign all relevant waivers prior to participating in the on-ice Red Hot Ram Giveaway. The details of the promotion will be provided to all contestants prior to the giveaway. All contestants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Scotiabank Saddledome on April 21, 2022.
(d) In the event that a Finalist cannot be in physical attendance at the Scotiabank Saddledome on April 21, 2022, they are able to send a proxy on their behalf to participate in the contest. This proxy will not be awarded any prizing, but will act in the interests of the selected and qualified finalist.
(e) Following check-in and any current Covid-19 screening procedures, all contestants will proceed to the ice to participate in an 'Elimination Game'. There will be one giant wheel at center ice. Contestants will be randomly paired with a vehicle gear (Park (P), Drive (D), Reverse (R) or Neutral (N) to determine the elimination process. Each gear will consist of four (four) contestants. The Calgary Flames Game Show Host will then spin the wheel. Dependent on which gear the needle lands, this will indicate which group of four (4) contestants move forward in the contest. These four (4) final contestants will advance to the Ram giveaway finale. All four (4) final contestants will then be given a new gear. The Calgary Flames Game Show Host will then spin the wheel again to determine the final winner. The contestant holding the gear that the needle lands on will be declared the official winner of the 2021 RAM Grand Prize.
(f) The confirmed Grand Prize Winner will receive the 2021 RAM Grand Prize. Specific Rules and details on the Red Hot Ram contest will be explained to all sixteen (16) contestants prior to on-ice contest at the Scotiabank Saddledome on April 21, 2022.
(g) The Grand Prize Winner and will be confirmed following the on-ice contest at the April 21, 2022 giveaway event.
(h) Before being declared the Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign a declaration form stating that he/she has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the Contest and that he/she accepts the prize as offered. The Grand Prize Winner will also be required to sign a Release form acknowledging the rights of the sponsors and their agents, to publish and broadcast, without further compensation, their name, address, photograph and statements.
6. RELEASE. Winners will be required to sign a release form ("Release") that confirms Winner's and Guests': (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors' collective or individual discretion, use the Winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion thereof. The executed Release must be returned within three (3) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or CalgaryFlames.com. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest or to modify the Contest rules at any time without notice.
8. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any CalgaryFlames.com website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any CalgaryFlames.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CALGARYFLAMES.COM OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address ("Personal Information") for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; and (ii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed above.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
12. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.