Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors. From our homepage to all the pages of content produced by our affiliates and/or subsidiaries, the "BostonBruins.com" domain remains a safehaven. All affiliated web sites adhere to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
1. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
2. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following: contest or sweepstakes registration subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as email newsletters or information about other affiliated or subsidiary companies) requests for membership information transactions in our various on-line reservation services content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions
3. We and our affiliates and subsidiaries will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission except as expressly set forth in this policy.
4. We and our affiliates and subsidiaries may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes for us or our sponsors, when our on-line shopping service customer mailing lists are made available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest individuals who have shopped on the our on-line shopping service, or when we hire carefully screened companies to fulfill or process marketing or promotional activities on our behalf (and we require them by contract to use your information only for the purpose and to otherwise keep your information confidential).These are the only cases where such information is provided to third parties, unless we have your approval.
5. We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
Special computer code allows our system to track user activity on our site. This computer code, when implemented, is called a "cookie." Our system uses cookie technology through our localization options. When you enter your zip code and other relevant information, a cookie will assign you a unique number (with no meaning whatsoever outside the customization process) that recalls this information each time you visit. As a result, you are able to customize your browsing experiences for your interests. At no time will this cookie reveal to others your name, email address, street address, or telephone number (even if you have entered these in other areas of our system). You will always have the choice of opting out of any cookie-based activity on our site.
Securing the Transmission and Storage of Information
If and when we ask you for credit card data when making a reservation or purchasing any item or service including and not limited to gift certificates, it is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) line provided you are using a SSL enabled browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. This ensures that your information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. This secure mode is enabled before any such information is transmitted from your computer. You will know you are in secure mode when the padlock or key icon in the lower right-hand or left-hand corner of the computer screen appears in the locked position. In addition, when accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https." After information reaches us it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access.
Personal Profile Information
You Provide At your choice, you may create a personal profile containing information such as interests or hobbies and whether you travel with children. It will allow us to inform you about special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you.
Accessing, Changing and Deactivating Your Personal Profile
You can access and review, update or deactivate your personal profile information on-line. If you deactivate your personal profile and are a member, all information not already required and stored as a condition of membership will be deleted. If you are not a member and deactivate your personal profile the information you submitted to create the profile will be deleted.
None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected through our websites.