The Bruins are celebrating Hockey is for Everyone Night presented by TD Bank On Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 during their home game against the Seattle Kraken at 7 p.m.
Hockey is for Everyone™ uses the game of hockey - and the League's global influence - to drive positive social change and foster more inclusive communities. The Boston Bruins along with the NHL proudly supports any teammate, coach, or fan who brings heart, energy, and passion to the rink. We believe all hockey programs - from professionals to youth organizations - should provide a safe, positive, and inclusive environment for players and families regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. Simply put, Hockey is for Everyone™
Select tickets to attend Hockey is for Everyone night are still available to purchase.
Get your Pride Hat and Puck at the ProShop on Level 2 of TD Garden.
• The mission of You Can Play works to ensure safety and inclusion for all who participate in sports, including LGBTQ athletes, coaches, and fans.
• You Can Play believes sports teams should focus on an athlete's skills, work ethic, and competitive spirit, not their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
• In 2012, You Can Play was launched by Patrick Burke of the NHL along with Brian Kitts, a sports marketing and entertainment executive, and Glenn Witman of GForce Sports.
• Brendan Burke, the brother of Patrick Burke and son of Brian Burke, a longtime NHL executive, made international headlines when he came out as gay in 2009. A few months after he came out, Brendan passed away due to a car accident. You Can Play was founded in Brendan Burke's honor.
• You Can Play's Director of Pro Sports Outreach Wade Davis is a former NFL player and is one of the few openly gay men to have played professional sports.
• On April 11, 2013, the NHL and NHLPA announced their official partnership with the You Can Play Project.
• On March 4, 2012, the You Can Play Project released its first video called "The Faceoff." The video features appearances from prominent NHL players Rick Nash, Duncan Keith, Claude Giroux, Matt Moulson, Daniel Alfredsson, Corey Perry, and Henrik Lundqvist, among others. See the video at https://youtu.be/SXoTRTAw6Dc
• Produced by HBO, "The Faceoff" You Can Play video was first aired during a Bruins-Rangers game.
• "The Faceoff" won the 2012 GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Amplifier Award.