Each division will have a different starting time:
- Law Enforcement division will start at 9 a.m.
- Fire/EMT division will start at 10 a.m.
- Civilian Division will start at 11 a.m. (You must be 16 years or older to participate.)
*Times are subject to change based on the number of participants.
There will be 3 Challenge Course Levels. Level 1 should encourage participation from everyone and Level 3 will challenge the most elite competitor.*
Challenge Course Levels
|Level 1 ||Level 2 ||Level 3 |
|This level is attainable for every participant. ||This level will push competitors even further. ||This level will challenge the most elite. |
|Loge Stairs ||Loge Stairs ||Loge Stairs |
|1 Lap Level 5 Suites ||1 Lap Level 5 Suites ||1 Lap Level 5 Suites |
| ||1 Lap Level 6 Suites ||1 Lap Level 6 Suites |
|*Concourse levels are similar in length to a regulation size track || ||Stairwell to Balcony, 1 Lap Level 7 Concourse |
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION: participants (encouraged/not required) to wear uniform/vest/duty belt.**
FIREFIGHTER/EMT DIVISION: participants (encouraged/not required) to wear turnout gear.
**TD GARDEN policy: Absolutely no guns or weapons brought into the building during event
CLICK HERE TO VIEW COURSE MAP.
- Check out the new Level 1 Course, giving you more time in the lower bowl.
- The course has been tested by First Responders and generally takes between 10-25 minutes to complete depending upon the level the participant chooses.
- All participants will finish in the same area with no way for spectators to tell which level was completed.
The BFit Cup will be awarded (ON THE ICE) on Feb. 26, 2019 Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes (First Responder Night)
- The highest fundraising total Law Enforcement Team (4-10 people) will each get 1 suite ticket to the Feb. 26 Boston Bruins Game, be invited to a pregame reception and be awarded the BFit Cup on the ice.
- The highest fundraising total Fire/EMT Team (4-10 people) will each get 1 suite ticket to the Feb. 26 Boston Bruins Game, be invited to a pregame reception and be awarded the BFit Cup on the ice.
- The highest fundraising total individual (First Responder or Civilian) from the entire competition will get 4 suite tickets to the Feb. 26 Boston Bruins Game, be invited to a pregame reception and be awarded the BFit Cup on the ice.
*Note: this is not a race, but times will be kept to show your year to year improvement
*Note: ONLY First Responders can compete in the "team" portion of the competition. Civilians will be able to compete for the highest fundraising individual portion #3 and also any fundraising incentives
Ways to fundraise:
Fundraising Tips and Tricks Donation Request Letter Donation Request Email
- Bruins Foundation will give you a letter explaining the event that can be used to help with fundraising. You can also download that letter here.
- Sponsorships from people in your community through your own fundraisers
- Email blasts to friends and family
*Make sure your total team fundraising is equivalent to at least $300 per team member before January 24, 2018.
If you do not work in Massachusetts, the net proceeds you raise will be donated to The 100 Club of your state.You are responsible for informing the Boston Bruins Foundation which state 100 Club your proceeds go to.
- You are required to raise a minimum of $300 to compete in the Challenge.
- Team Requirement (First Responders ONLY) A minimum $300 fundraising total is required for each member of (4-10) person team ie: 4 member team $1200 fundraising total to compete, 10 member team $3000 fundraising total to compete.
- All donations will be closed on Wednesday February 20, 2019 at noon, and totals will be recorded for awards.
- The BFit Cup will be awarded to the highest winning teams and highest fundraising individual.
*Note: ONLY First Responders can compete in the "team" portion of the competition. Civilians will be able to compete for the highest fundraising individual portion and also any fundraising incentives.
(From the minimum $300 total, $50 will be used by the Boston Bruins Foundation for running costs of the event.)
(First Responders Only) Click here to go to Crowdrise: this will be used to collect all money raised. Under team and team captain tab sponsorship pages design will be detailed.
(Civilians Only) Click here to go to Crowdrise: this will be used to collect all money raised.
Fundraising Incentives For Individuals
- $1500 raised: Event T shirt with recognition of your accomplishment.
- $2500 raised: Event T shirt with recognition of your accomplishment and an autographed Boston Bruins puck.
- $5000 raised: Event T shirt with recognition of your accomplishment, an autographed Boston Bruins puck, a professional photo with Blades the mascot on January 27, and a team autographed Boston Bruins stick.
- $10,000 raised: Event T shirt with recognition of your accomplishment, an autographed Boston Bruins puck, a professional photo with Blades the mascot on January 27, a team autographed Boston Bruins stick and 4 tickets to a Boston Bruins home game in the 2019-2020 season + a pregame Zamboni ride (rider must be +12 years old).
- Parking for the event will be a reduced rate in the parking garage below TD Garden.
- Early registration is recommended to speed up the process and will be communicated by email as the event approaches.
- ALL participants in the Law Enforcement Division please arrive between 8 and 8:30 a.m. for registration and you will start the challenge at 9:00 a.m.
*absolutely no guns will be allowed in TD Garden during the event.
- ALL participants in the Fire/EMT Division please arrive between 9 and 9:30 a.m. for registration and you will start the challenge at 10:00 a.m.
- ALL participants in the "Friends of First Responders" Division please arrive between 10 and 10:30 a.m. for registration and you will start the challenge at 11:00 a.m.
*Times are subject to change based on the number of participants.
*NO tickets are required to attend this event. Family, friends, and guests are also welcome to attend and will not be required to have a ticket.
Team Setup (First Responders Only)
- A team can be 1-10 members.
- If there are more than 10 members from a specific precinct, station, or barracks, then divide into two teams with different names.
- Note: Individuals can still compete in the event and have the chance to win the individual highest fundraising BFIT Cup and 4 tickets to Feb. 26, 2019 Boston Bruins game.
*There will be a strict adherence to team size this year. Teams of more than 10 members will have to be divided to meet the 10 person maximum requirement
Bring your family!
Before, during, and after your division time there will be all kinds of family and kid's activities. There will also be, fire trucks, Law Enforcement cars, ambulance, ice resurfacer and other cool vehicles for kids to check out.
Other Fun Activities on the TD Garden Floor...
BFit Kid's Combine
Kids can try fitness exercises and will be given a certificate to help them improve their fitness at home.
Bruins Mascot Blades
Spend time with Blades and have an opportunity to get his autograph and photo.
Stanley Cup Banner
The 2011 Stanley Cup Banner will be lowered from the rafters and available to attendees for a great photo opp.
All kinds of games will be happening that families can choose to do while they wait for mom and dad to start the challenge.
Touch a Truck and Touch a Car
Featuring local fire department vehicles and Law Enforcement vehicles open for kids' exploration. Sit in the driver's seat!