The 2010-2011 version of the Wild will start to take some shape later this month with the NHL Entry Draft, followed closely by free agency. Before that happens, let's take a look at some of the numbers by players that will likely be a part of Year X. Today, we look at the Wild's leading scorer among defensemen: Marek Zidlicky.
42. . . The number of points that Zidlicky has put up in five of his six NHL seasons. His lowest total was 30 in 2006-07 during his third season in Nashville.
85. . . Points scored by Zid in a Wild sweater. Only one other Wild player ranks higher on the Wild's all-time scoring charts that played in fewer games (Pavol Demitra: 118 points in 139 games).
37. . . Zidlicky's assist total last season, the highest ever by a Wild defenseman.
24:10. . . Marek's average ice time last season, leading all Wild skaters.
5. . . Number of games played and assists recorded by Zidlicky while playing for the Czech Republic in the 2010 Olympics.
31. . . Points (7-24=31) that Zidlicky has scored in 36 games against the Columbus Blue Jackets - his highest point total against any team by 11 (20 points against the St. Louis Blues.