The Minnesota Wild and General Manager Chuck Fletcher will be playing the numbers game this summer. Whether it be signing, trading, drafting, inviting or cutting, Fletcher has to put together a roster of salaries that fit under the NHL's salary cap. The players that make up that roster will be asked to put up big numbers in order for the club to have a successful season in Year X.
The 2010-2011 version of the Wild will start to take some shape later this month with the NHL Entry Draft, followed closely by free agency. Before that happens, let's take a look at some of the numbers by players that will likely be a part of Year X. Today, we look at the Wild's most prolific hitter: Cal Clutterbuck.Other Numbers: Andrew Brunette; Mikko Koivu; Marek Zidlicky
2. . . Number of shorthanded goals by Clutterbuck in 2009-10, making him the only Wild player to score more than one.
674. . . Number of hits Clutter has registered in his two NHL seasons. He led the NHL in hits both years (318 last year, and an NHL record 356 in 2008-09).
0. . . Number of times Cal was called for checking from behind. Also was the number of times he earned a misconduct penalty for a dangerous hit.
5. . . Games Clutterbuck missed due to a high-ankle sprain before returning on October 24 and scoring an overtime winner against Carolina.
99 mph. . . The radar gun reading on Clutterbuck's slap shot, making his the hardest shot at the 2010 Wild Skills Competition.
3. . . Length of extension in years that Clutterbuck signed with Minnesota in February.