Welcome to the Saturday home opener for your Minnesota Wild. If you are making the trip to Xcel Energy Center for tonight’s 7 p.m. match-up against the St. Louis Blues, here are some reminders to make your experience top-notch.PRE-GAME PARTY FROM 4 – 6:15 P.M.
The Minnesota Wild will host a free pre-game party for fans outside Gate 1 at Xcel Energy Center from 4 – 6:15 p.m. to celebrate the 2015-16 NHL regular season home opener.
Tickets to the game are not required to attend the party. In the event of inclement weather, fans should stay tuned to Wild.com and Wild social media accounts, including @mnwild on Twitter, for updates on the event.PLAYER BURGERS
Get your specialty burgers, designed by the players themselves, including Devan Dubnyk, MIkko Koivu, Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. October also features the burger of the month designed by Jared Spurgeon. Find them in section 112.GAME DAY SECURITY SCREENINGS
As part of a National Hockey League-wide effort, walk-through metal detectors have been added at all entrances of Xcel Energy Center. Please visit wild.com/security
for more details including a list of prohibited items.WEEKEND ROAD CLOSURES
If you are coming to the Wild home opener on Saturday night, please be aware of major construction announced by the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Road closures, including parts of I-94 start at 10 p.m. on Friday, October 9th.
The westbound lanes of I-94 will be closed between Hwy 61 and I-35E and are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 12.. At the same time, the ramps will reopen from northbound Hwy 52 to westbound I-94 and from westbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 52.
The eastbound lanes will be closed from Highway 52 to Highway 61 and will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 12. Motorists will be able to use Mounds Boulevard to reach the eastbound interstate or take westbound I-94 to reach Mounds Boulevard.
Additional notes include the following:
• Southbound I-35E ramp to eastbound I-94/ southbound Hwy 52 closed through mid-October
• Detour: Southbound I-35E to eastbound Hwy 36 to southbound I-694 to eastbound I-94. Continue southbound on I-694 to southbound I-494 to access Hwy 52.
• Plato Boulevard to northbound Hwy 52 is closed through late-October
• Watch for closures on the southbound bridge through early October.
• Northbound Hwy 52 will stay in its current alignment on the east half of the bridge through late October as crews finish work on the driving surface of the northbound bridge. Watch for construction vehicles.
For more information please visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation for its official page on this closure
.OUTDOOR VIEWING PARTY AT CHS FIELD
And we’d like to extend a special thank you to the fans that joined us in Lowertown on Thursday night at CHS Field in Saint Paul to watch the season opener on the video board. It was a special way to kick-off the season and a memorable win