Here are some notes on Dallas Stars prospects playing in juniors, college and in Europe this season.
- Right wing Brett Ritchie, a second round pick in 2011, is currently riding a five-game assist streak for Niagara of the Ontario Hockey League. Ritchie, who has eight assists during the streak, has ten points (one goal, nine assists) in seven games for Niagara this season and leads the OHL in assists.
- Center Radek Faksa had one goal and one assist as Kitchener lost 4-2 to Sault Ste. Marie Friday night in OHL play. Faksa, a first round pick in 2012, has four goals and two assists in six games this season.
- After going scoreless in four games, center Gemel Smith has picked up four points (one goal, three assists) in his last two games for Owen Sound of the OHL. Smith, a fourth round pick in 2012, has seven points (two goals, five assists) in seven games this season
- Defenseman Troy Vance, a fifth round selection in 2011, has six assists in nine games for Victoriaville of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Vance currently is tied for seventh in the QMJHL in defenseman scoring
- Defenseman Jyrki Jokipakka registered six points (two goals, four assists) in a two-game span last week and now has seven points (two goals, five assists) in 10 games this season for Ilves in Finland’s top league. Jokipakka, a seventh round pick in 2011, is tied for the team lead in scoring and is tied for third in scoring among all SM-Liiga defensemen. He also leads his team in average ice time (25:48 per game) and ranks fourth in the league in ice time per game.
- Center Devin Shore, a second round pick in 2012, made his college debut with the University of Maine on Saturday, registering two shots on goal in a 2-1 loss to Quinnipiac. On Sunday, Shore scored a power play goal and also picked up an assist as Maine tied New Brunswick 2-2 in an exhibition game.
- Left wing Alex Guptill was ranked second among college forwards by USCHO.com heading into the 2012-13 season. Guptill, a third round pick in 2010, had 33 points (16 goals, 17 assists) in 41 games as a freshman at the University of Michigan last season. Guptill also has named to the Preseason All-CCHA Second Team. On Sunday, Guptill scored three goals as the Blue team defeated the White team 4-2 in Michigan’s Annual Blue/White Alumni Game
- A few injury notes: Right wing Branden Troock (fifth round/2012) missed the last couple games for Seattle of the Western Hockey League due to illness. C Mike Winther (second round/2012) has been out for Prince Albert of the WHL due to a strained groin. D John Klingberg (fifth round/2010) has yet to play for Skelleftea of the Swedish Elite League due to offseason hip surgery.