DISH Network and Fox (national) are currently in a stalemate on a new contract. The latest contract expired last week on September 30.
The Stars have 62 games scheduled to be broadcast on FOX Sports Southwest (FSSW). The Stars are hopeful that a deal is made soon between DISH and Fox so that all fans will be able to watch all of our games. But if you have DISH Network, there is a good chance you will not see and Stars games on FSSW this month and there is no guarantee that you’ll see any of the 62 Dallas Stars games that are on FOX Sports Southwest this season
First some good news --
There is a lot to like about Dallas Stars telecasts this season:
- All 82 regular season games are being broadcast by the Stars, and each and every one will be offered in glorious HD.
- 62 of the games are slated for FOX Sports Southwest, while 17 are scheduled for TXA 21, and 3 on VERSUS.
- Ralph Strangis and Daryl “Razor” Reaugh are back in the booth to call the action, beginning their 15th consecutive season as the Stars broadcast team.
But if you have DISH Network, you currently are not able to see Dallas Stars broadcasts on FOX Sports Southwest. Here is what we know from FOX Sports Southwest:
- At midnight on October 1, DISH Network dropped FOX Sports Southwest (and all FSN networks throughout the United States) because it refused to reach a fair agreement with Fox to carry the network.
- Fans with DISH will possibly miss out on 62 Stars games, and also Dallas Mavericks games and college football from the Big 12 and Pac-10, as well as all other programming that FOX Sports Southwest has to offer. DISH customers also currently do not get FX or the National Geographic Channel.
- And as of Nov. 1, DISH customers could also lose FOX 4.
As you can imagine, DISH’s competitors are ready, willing and able to make great offers to DISH’s customers that don’t want to miss their Stars games (or Mavs, college football, etc). FOX Sports Southwest (and FX and Nat Geo) is offered by a number of other local distributors in our area (AT&T U-verse, Charter Cable, DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS). Every Stars game broadcast on FOX Sports Southwest and FOX Sports Southwest-Plus will be available on each of these carriers (FSSW tells us that FiOS expects to be ready to carry FSSW+ by the first broadcast on Nov. 12
). Channels for FSSW+ on local carriers:
Time Warner – Ch. 960
Charter – Ch. 300
ATT&T U-Verse – 754 (1754 HD)
DirecTV – TBD
FiOS - TBD
If you would like to learn more, please call 1-877-99-I-PAID or go to www.GetWhatIPaidFor.com
If you are not a DISH customer, you will not be affected and get to enjoy all of FOX Sports Southwest’s Stars telecasts this season.