Texas Stars (21-22-4, 46 PTS – 5th West Division)
2/4/12 vs. Charlotte (4-3 L) –
Texas received goals from Angelo Esposito
, Ryan Garbutt
and Travis Morin
, but the Checkers held on for the win. Garbutt’s goal was his second in as many games, while Esposito picked up his second point in two games.
2/7/12 vs. Milwaukee (4-3 L/OT) – Colton Sceviour
scored twice, Morin added another goal, but the Admirals scored 3:15 into overtime to send the Stars to their fifth straight loss. Tyler Beskorowany
made 17 saves on 21 shots.
2/8/12 vs. Milwaukee (6-3 W) –
Garbutt tallied a hat trick in a comeback win for the Stars, who trailed 3-0 after the first period. Texas responded with six unanswered goals, with the other three scored by Sceviour, Matt Fraser
and Scott Glennie
. Andrew Raycroft stopped 21 of 24 Milwaukee shots to split the back-to-back games against the Admirals.
COMING UP FOR TEXASFriday, February 10: at Rochester (NHL affiliate: Buffalo)
- With three goals against Milwaukee on Feb. 8, it marked the third time this season that Garbutt had a three-point night.
- Travis Morin currently has a three-game point streak, and had a +3 rating in the win against Milwaukee.
- Adam Pardy’s three assists on Wednesday gave him a total of four points in his two games on a conditioning assignment for the Stars.
Sunday, February 12: at Hamilton (NHL affiliate: Montrèal)
Wednesday, February 15: at Lake Erie (NHL affiliate: Colorado)
OTHER STARS PROSPECTS
Here we take a quick glance at a few of the Dallas Stars’ prospects and what they have done recently.
- Rensselaer (NCAA) defenseman Mike Bergin picked up an assist this past weekend against Colgate, his first point since Nov. 4.
- Boston University (NCAA) forward Alex Chiasson has points in back-to-back games, and has totaled 13 points (5g, 8a) in his last nine games overall.
- University of Michigan (NCAA) forward Alex Guptill helped the Wolverines to a sweep of the Miami (OH) RedHawks, and has picked up 11 points (5g, 6a) in his last eight games.
- Brynäs IF (Elitserien) forward Emil Molin scored his first goal of the season against Djurgårdens IF, and has points in back-to-back games.
- AIK (Elitserien) defenseman Patrik Nemeth has been a minus skater just once in the last 13 games, and had an assist in his team’s 3-1 win on Feb. 4.
- Niagara (OHL) defenseman Jamie Oleksiak scored a goal and assisted on three others in the Ice Dogs’ 11-0 win over Mississauga on Feb. 9. He has nine points (1g, 8a) and is a +14 skater since being traded from Saginaw.
- Niagara (OHL) forward Brett Ritchie also had a multi-point effort (1g, 1a) against Mississauga, bringing his current point streak to four games.
- Colgate (NCAA) forward Austin Smith scored four goals in the Raiders’ 8-3 win over Rensselaer on Feb. 4. Smith is a strong candidate to win the Hobey Baker award, which is the top award given to the top collegiate hockey player that exhibits character on and off the ice, and displays integrity and overall skill in the game.
- Medicine Hat (WHL) defenseman Alex Theriau scored his first goal of the season in a win over the Calgary Hitmen on Feb. 7. He has also skated to a +3 rating in the last three games.
- Ontario (ECHL) forward Tristan King has four points (3g, 1a) in his last two games, including a two-goal output against the Utah Grizzlies.