WORCESTER, Mass. – Worcester Sharks President and CEO Michael T. Lehr, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, unveiled the club’s new jerseys for 2007-08 as part of Reebok’s new Rbk EDGE Uniform System
All 29 teams in the AHL, as well as all 30 teams in the National Hockey League, will wear the new uniforms this season as part of the Rbk program.
This league-wide uniform innovation was established by Reebok with the National Hockey League earlier this year with performance and safety at the forefront of the design process. After more than two years of research and testing, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System will debut this fall in only two leagues worldwide: the NHL and the American Hockey League.
Featuring technologically advanced materials and fabrics that are more breathable and more resistant to water absorption and that offer greater range of movement, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System provides comfort and improved compatibility with equipment while helping to enhance player performance. Highlights include:
- Four lighter fabrics incorporated in the jersey, pants and socks to keep players drier while also adding increased durability to the uniform.
- The jerseys’ stretch fabric in the collar features Rbk’s innovative Playdry™ moisture management technology to maximize comfort, breathability and temperature control
- The stretch mesh in areas including the underarms and back provides additional range of motion and increased ventilation
- 4Way Stretch Pique features Rbk’s latest innovation, Bead Away™ water repellent technology, offering freedom of movement while retaining 76 percent less moisture than current AHL jerseys
- X-trafil is incorporated into high-abrasion areas such as the shoulders and elbows to provide increased durability
The Worcester Sharks open the season on October 6th in Springfield against the Falcons before heading home to the DCU Center for the home opener on October 13th vs. the Portland Pirates. Season Ticket Packages are available by Crashing the Net at sharksahl.com or by calling the Sharks offices at 508.929.0500.