On July 1, the San Jose Sharks signed free agent Mikkel Boedker to a four year contract. Here are five quick facts about the Sharks' newest forward.
1. Boedker was the 8th overall pick in 2008, and played in the NHL for the Arizona Coyotes the season after he was drafted.
2. A native of Denmark, Boedker will play for Team Europe in the World Cup. He's lived on his own since he was 15, when he moved to Sweden to play hockey. He is one of six players in the NHL to hail from Denmark.
3. Had 17 goals and 34 assists in 80 games between the Arizona Coyotes and Colorado Avalanche last season, which is tied for the most productive season of his career.
4. Won the OHL's Robertson Cup in his only season with the Kitchener Rangers, scoring 35 points in 20 playoff games. In the NHL he has 9 points in 20 playoff games with the Coyotes.
5. Once appeared as a weatherman for ABC15 in Arizona.