It was an Ottawa Race Weekend of epic proportions.
For the first time ever, all seven races that are part of the capital's annual spring running festival sold out in advance. That produced a record total participation level of 38,788 when all was said and done.
The Ottawa Senators were well represented at the event, with a number of staff members taking part in the weekend fun. Included in that number were the following:
• Morgan Cranley, Ottawa marathon.
• Erin Crowe, Ottawa half-marathon.
• Brian Morris, Ottawa half-marathon.
• Tracey Bonner, Ottawa half-marathon.
• Danielle Robinson, Ottawa 10K.
• Emily Knight, Ottawa 10K.
• Andrea Clark, Ottawa 10K.
• Rob Brodie, Ottawa 5K.