|Senators forward Patrick Eaves says his teammates and friends have a hard time beating him at ping-pong.|
From time to time throughout the 2006-07 season, OttawaSenators.com asks a player to finish a series of sentences to learn more about his life in and away from the hockey rink. Patrick Eaves is featured this week.
1. My favourite season of the year is... fall.
2. My favourite holiday is... Christmas.
3. The last book I read was... Term Limits by Vince Flynn.
4. The last CD I bought was... Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
5. If I wasn't a professional hockey player, I'd be a... hockey coach.
6. The one athlete whose autograph I most want is... Steve Yzerman.
7. My favourite NFL team is... the New England Patriots.
8. The most influential person in my career is... my dad.
9. The best European city to visit is... Venice.
10. The funniest teammate I ever played with is... Grats (teammate Brian McGrattan).
11. The Scotiabank Place events I enjoyed most were... the Chili Peppers, Cold Play and U2.
12. Not including Scotiabank Place, my favourite NHL rink is in... Montreal.
13. My favourite movie is... Major League.
14. I took my last vacation in... Flathead Lake, Mont.
15. The first job I ever had was... as a janitor at a hockey rink in Shattuck-St. Mary's (Faribault, Minn.) where I went to boarding school.
16. The player I idolized most growing up was... Pat Lafontaine.
17. My favourite TV show growing up was... Seinfeld.
18. My first memory of hockey is... skating in my backyard.
19. The NHL's toughest player today is... Grats.
20. The NHL's toughest goalie to score on today is... (Roberto) Luongo.
21. Away from the rink, my favourite thing to do is... watch movies.
22. The first hockey team I played for was... the Gladiators in atom.
23. My closest friend in the NHL is... Peter Harrold. He plays for Manchester (AHL) and Los Angeles (NHL).
24. My favourite hockey memory is... my first game last year.
25. My favourite actor/actress is... Halle Berry.
26. In the conditioning room my favourite exercise is... pull-ups.
27. I wear No. 44 because... that's the number they gave me.
28. I first knew I had a shot at the NHL when... I was called up for my first game last year.
29. My teammates and friends have a tough time beating me at... ping-pong.
30. If I was featured in a movie, the best actor to portray me would be... Jim Carrey.
31. My favourite day of the week is... Sunday.
32. As a reward for following a healthy diet, the favourite treat I allow myself to have occasionally is... brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream.