OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators today released the schedule and list of 22 players attending the annual development camp from June 28 to July 4 at Scotiabank Place and the Bell Sensplex.
Three of the club's four selections from the 2007 NHL Entry Draft held Saturday in Columbus, Ohio, will attend, including Ottawa's first-round pick, Jim O'Brien. Also attending the camp will be 2005 first-round draft choice Brian Lee and Nick Foligno the Senators' first rounder in 2006.
The development camp, which focuses on off-ice and on-ice training, is led by the Senators strength and conditioning coach Randy Lee, goaltending coach and professional scout Ron Low, video coach Tim Pattyson, Saginaw Spirit assistant coach and assistant general manager Shawn Camp, and powerskating specialist Marc Power.
"The camp will put the players through the team's training program, while allowing staff to assess the players and individualise their summer training programs," Lee said. "To complement their physical training, the group will also work on sport psychology and mental skills, as well as team-building activities, sport nutrition and healthy eating sessions."
Highlights of the Senators development camp schedule:
- On-ice training every day at the Bell Sensplex, starting Thursday, June 28, at 1:30 p.m., with the exception of the two days with 3-on-3 tournaments.
- Two 3-on-3 tournaments at the Bell Sensplex on Sunday, July 1, at 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday, July 4, at 9:30 a.m.
- Off-ice workouts at Scotiabank Place the mornings of June 29 and 30, and July 2 and 3.
- Acceleration Ottawa skating treadmill sessions at Scotiabank Place on Saturday, June 30, starting at 8:45 a.m.
- A specialized healthy eating/cooking seminar held by culinary experts at The Urban Element on Parkdale Avenue.
- All on-ice workouts, including the two 3-on-3 tournaments, are open to the public.
- Media availability at Scotiabank Place following off-ice workouts and at the Bell Sensplex after on-ice practice sessions.
Highlights of the players coming to the development camp:
- Ottawa's last three first-round draft picks will be present: Lee, Foligno and O'Brien.
- Fifteen (15) players, marked on list below with an asterisk (*), attended the Senators development camp in 2006.
- Nineteen (19) of 22 players attending are Senators draft picks and three were selected in the first round.
- Bois and Hennessy are the only players who saw NHL action last season.
- Seven players played AHL hockey in 2006-07: Bass, Bois, Daugavins, Elliott, Hennessy, Kudelka and Weller.
Players scheduled to attend 2007 development camp:
30 *Brian Elliott
35 *Ryan Daniels
51 Derek Smith
55 *Brian Lee
57 *Mattias Karlsson
59 *Tomas Kudelka
61 *Eric Gryba
66 *Pierre-Luc Lessard
70 Ben Blood
36 Josh Hennessy
48 *Danny Bois
50 *Shawn Weller
52 *Colin Greening
53 Ilja Zubov
56 Kaspar Daugavins
58 *Cody Bass
62 Jim O'Brien
63 *Jim McKenzie
64 *Matthew McIlvane
67 Louie Caporusso
68 *Erik Condra
71 *Nick Foligno
- end -