The following Rules and Regulations shall constitute the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) of the Buffalo Sabres Emcee Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Hockey Western New York, LLC (hereafter, “Buffalo Sabres”).
Stage One: CONTEST ENTRY/OPEN CALL
In order to enter the contest, Contestants must relate in 2 minutes or less why he or she would be a unique host for the Sabres Jumbotron presentation through one of the three (3) following audition options:
Entry by mail. Contestants may enter by mailing a DVD, Mini DV or VHS Tape, no more than 2 minutes in length, together with a photo headshot and a completed and signed entry form and consent, release and waiver (available by download at www.sabres.com), to SabreMC One Seymour H. Knox III Plaza Buffalo, New York 14203.
In Person Drop Off. Contestants may enter by in person drop off at HSBC Arena Account Services Department during Monday -Thursday (9am to 5pm), Friday (9 am to noon) by dropping off at Account Services a DVD, Mini DV or VHS Tape, no more than 2 minutes in length, together with a photo headshot and a completed and signed entry form and consent, release an waiver
(available at Account Services at the time or drop off or by download at www.sabres.com).
In Person Audition. Contestants may also enter through open audition. There will be One (1) live “open audition” on Saturday Aug 4, 2007 at HSBC arena from 9am-1pm. Auditions will be videotaped for internal judging. Contestants will audition on a 1st come 1st served basis, and only those contestants that are able to be seen by the judges prior to 1pm will be permitted to audition. Contestants entering by open audition will be required to sign an entry form and consent, release and waiver.
Contestants who enter by mail or drop off will NOT be permitted to open audition. Also, only the first 500 mail and drop off entries received by the Buffalo Sabres will be considered. Mail and drop off entries must be received by August 6, 2007 at 4 p.m. to be considered for the Contest. The Buffalo Sabres are not responsible for any lost, stolen or misdirected entries. All submissions shall become the sole property of the Buffalo Sabres, for its sole use and exploitation, and will not be returned. Stage Two: ONLINE VOTING
Selection – Eligible entries will be narrowed down to 20 contestants by the Buffalo Sabres. All decisions of the Buffalo Sabres will be final. The 20 contestants will be required to fill out a questionnaire to be posted with their video on www.sabres.com for online voting as well as to sign release and waiver documents. Online voting will last 10 (ten) days. From these 20 contestants, the Buffalo Sabres shall select the top 10 contestants for call back. The determination of the top 10 contestants will be made by the Buffalo Sabres, taking into account as input, but not being bound by, the results of online voting. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres are final. Stage Three: CALL BACK
The top 10 contestants will then be invited to participate in a series of tests, as indicated below, in front of a panel of judges selected by the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena or such other location as the Buffalo Sabres may determine. The top 10 contestants will be required to sign release and waiver documents. The judges, with assistance from Sabres staff, will choose four (4) Semi-Finalists on site. All determinations of the panel of judges and of the Buffalo Sabres will be final.
Test 1. 30-second interview with a surprise guest
Test 2. 15-second introduction of a promotion. Copy will be provided.
Test 3. 30-second commentary.
Test 4. 30-second open talent. Stage Four: SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
Each of the four (4) Semi-Finalists will be invited to co-host (with a “pro”) various portions of an October home game (subject to change as determined by the Buffalo Sabres):
Semi- Final Round #1 – Two (2) Semi-Finalists (as determined by the Buffalo Sabres) will co-host the Thursday October 11, 2007 Sabres vs. Thrashers game. From among these two, one Finalist will be determined by the Buffalo Sabres at the game based on fan reaction. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres are final.
Semi- Final Round #2 - Two (2) Semi-Finalists (as determined by the Buffalo Sabres) will co-host the Saturday October, 13, 2007 Sabres vs. Capitals game. Finalist will be determined by the Buffalo Sabres at the game based on fan reaction. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres are final.
Fans will then be directed to vote online from among the two Finalists beginning Monday October 15, 2007 and ending Thursday October 18, 2007. Video examples of the two Finalists will be available online at www.sabres.com for those who did not view the games in person beginning Monday October 15, 2007.
The Winner of the contest will be determined by Buffalo Sabres on October 19, 2007 taking in to account as input, but not being bound by, the results of online voting. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres are final.
The two Finalists from the Semi-Final Rounds will return for the Friday, October 19, 2007 Sabres vs. Blue Jackets game at which time the Winner will be announced.
All four Semi-Finalists must be available to attend all three games (October 11th, October 13th and October 19th). Any Semi-Finalist not available for all three games will be disqualified. Only the two Finalists will be invited to the October 19th game. General Matters
1. The Contest will run from July 17, 2007 thru October 19, 2007. All entries must be received by Saturday, August 4th
2. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
3. All contestants must sign and submit a contest entry form agreeing to be bound by these Official Rules and containing release and waiver language.
4. All auditions must be accompanied by a headshot and a completed and signed contest entry form.
5. The only acceptable types of auditions include- DVD, Mini DV, VHS, or a live audition on August 4, 2007 @ HSBC Arena.
6. No video audition may exceed 2 minutes in length
7. All materials submitted by contestant (video, photograph, applications, questionnaires, and testing) sent to or obtained by the Buffalo Sabres will become the sole property of the Buffalo Sabres, for its sole use and exploitation, and will NOT be returned.
8. By entering into the Contest and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Contest, each contestant consents and agrees (i) that he or she shall grant to the Buffalo Sabres the right, without additional financial or other compensation, to use, publish, reproduce, copyright, broadcast, exhibit, license and otherwise exploit any and all of video, film, photograph or other audio-visual content (whether submitted by contestant or made by the Buffalo Sabres in connection with the Contest), contestant’s name, likeness, image, biographical material, portrait, recorded video image and voice, and any material derived from any of the aforementioned, to advertise, market or promote the Buffalo Sabres and its affiliated entities, its advertisers and sponsors, and its game broadcasts, and for any other purpose, by any and all means including, without limitation, in–arena entertainment, television or radio broadcast, internet distribution, and any other means now existing or hereafter developed (hereafter collectively referred to as an “Exploitation”) (ii) that he or she shall have no right of inspection or approval over any video, film, photograph or other audio-visual content or any other Exploitation and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity) arising out of or in connection with any such Exploitation, (iii) that he or she releases, holds harmless and agrees to indemnify the Buffalo Sabres, its advertisers, sponsors and affiliated entities and persons, and their respective agents and employees, from and against any and all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with any Exploitation including, without limitation, any claim relating to distortion or manipulation, whether intentional or otherwise, of video, film, photographs or other audio-visual content and (iv) to assign, without compensation, all right, title and interest (including, without limitation, any copyright or other intellectual property interests) in and to video, film, photograph or other audio-visual content submitted by contestant or taken of contestant in connection with the Contest, and that all moral rights to such video content are forever waived.
9. All online voting on www.sabres.com is for assistance purposes. The Buffalo Sabres shall not be bound by the results of online voting in making its determinations.
10. Top 20 contestants, top 10 contestants, and finalists must fill out the questionnaire in its entirety and sign release and waiver documents.
11. Each of the four Semi-Finalists will co-host portions of an October home game.
Thursday October 11, 2007 Sabres vs. Thrashers (game subject to change)
Saturday October 13, 2007 Sabres vs. Capitals (game subject to change)
12. Winner will have the opportunity to host 10 home games during the 2007-2008 Buffalo Sabres Season. Dates to be determined.
13. The Buffalo Sabres reserve the right to refuse auditions for any reason.
14. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres are final.
15. By entering the Contest and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Buffalo Sabres, its advertisers, sponsors and affiliated entities and their respective agents and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, expenses, costs and liabilities of any nature whatsoever which such contestant may hereafter have against any of them arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
16. The Buffalo Sabres reserve the right to modify, supplement or otherwise change or replace these Official Rules at any time without notice. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.