The Pirates suffered a loss in their only game last week, dropping a 4-1 decision to the Lowell Devils on Saturday at the Cumberland County Civic Center.
Portland returns to a more active schedule of games this week with three home contests starting Tuesday when the Manchester Monarchs visit the CCCC for a 7 p.m. start. The week concludes with a pair of games against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. on home ice.
In their lone game last week, Brad Mills and Matt Halischuk each scored a goal and an assist to lead the Devils to a 4-1 win over the Pirates in front of 6,344 at the CCCC. Kory Nagy and Stephen Gionta netted the other Devils goals while Cory Murphy collected a pair of assists. Kyle Wanvig scored the lone goal for the Pirates, who saw a modest two-game winning streak come to an end. Portland is now 21-16-5-2 on the year. The Pirates out shot the Devils 34-31 in the game as Jhonas Enroth
took the loss.This Week:
The Pirates will host the Manchester Monarchs at the CCCC Tuesday followed by a pair of home games against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Friday and Saturday. All three games are 7 p.m. starts. Tickets for the games are available by calling (207) 775-3458, visiting the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or going on-line at www.portlandpirates.com.
The games can be heard live on News Talk WLOB 95.5 FM and on-line at www.portlandpirates.com beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.Tuesday, January 26, 2010 vs. Manchester (CCCC), 7 p.m.
* Heading into this week’s action, Manchester leads the Atlantic Division with a 27-14-2-4 record
* The game marks the fifth of 10 between the two teams this season. The Pirates are 2-1-1-0 in the four previous games
* Manchester’s 110 goals against represent the third fewest in the AHL
* Jonathan Bernier rates fourth in goals against average (2.01) and second in save percentage (.939) in the AHL
* Rookie forward Corey Elkins leads the Monarchs in scoring (and is third among AHL rookies) with 33 points in 43 gamesFriday, January 29, 2010 and Saturday, January 30, 2010 vs. Bridgeport (CCCC), 7 p.m.
* Heading into this week’s action, Bridgeport sat tied with the Pirates for fifth in the Atlantic with a 22-20-2-3 record
* The Pirates are 1-2-1-0 in the first four games of the eight-game season series between the two teams
* Three of the four games between the two teams so far this season have been decided by one goal
* Greg Mauldin leads the Sound Tigers in scoring with 16 goals and 29 points in 44 gamesRecent Transactions: