Week of 3/30/09
Colin Murphy has 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) in his last 3 games. Additionally, he has 9 points (5 goals, 4 assists) in his last 7 games.
|Colin Murphy (Photo: Heather Harvey) |
- Tim Kennedy scored the Pirates game-winning goal on Sunday in the Pirates 4-3 win over Springfield. Kennedy has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in his last 3 games.
- Marek Zagrapan has 4 points (1 goal, 3 assist) in his last 3 games.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in his last 3 games.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookies in scoring with 59 points (16 goals, 43 assists).
- Mark Mancari ranks 16th among AHL scoring leaders with 63 points (27 goals, 36 assists).
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 4th among AHL goalies in saves with 1,494.
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 4th among AHL rookies in scoring with 50 points (26 goals, 24 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 1st among AHL rookies in goal scoring with 26 goals.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookie assist leaders with 43 assists.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 5th among AHL defensemen in scoring with 47 points (9 goals, 36 assists).
- The Pirates rank 14th among all 29 AHL teams in attendance averaging 4,719 per game.
- Only four Pirates players have played in all 73 games this season (Zagrapan, Darche, Fretter and Kostka).
- Following the Portland Pirates 3-2 victory over the Lowell Devils on Friday, March 27th, Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen set a new franchise record for number of overall career coaching victories (including playoffs) with his 190th career victory. The previous record was held by Barry Trotz (189), the current head coach of the Nashville Predators.
Dineen, 45, has spent all four years as a head coach behind the bench for the Portland Pirates. He was originally hired by the Anaheim Ducks in the summer of 2005 and spent three seasons coaching the team under the Pirates affiliation with Anaheim. This past summer, the Buffalo Sabres hired Dineen as the head coach as they began their first year of the new affiliation with the Portland Pirates. During Dineen's four-year tenure, he has posted an all-time record 190(w)-136(l/otl)-22(sol) (including playoffs). With tonight’s victory, Dineen surpassed legendary Pirates Hall of Fame coach and current Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz, who had an all-time record of 189(w)-142(l/otl)-42(t) (including playoffs). MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
Sunday, April 5th vs. Springfield 4:00 p.m.PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #11 Colin Murphy
Pirates forward Colin Murphy is the Pirates Player of the Week and the team’s nomination for the AHL Player of the Week. This is the first time this season that Murphy has earned the honor. The Fort McMurray, Alberta notched 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) this week during the Pirates three games.
On Friday, the 28 year-old recorded two assists in the Pirates 3-2 win on home ice against the Lowell Devils. The following night, Murphy exploded offensively with a natural hat trick in the Pirates 6-2 win at home against the Manchester Monarchs. On Sunday afternoon, Murphy did not register a point in the team’s 4-3 win on the road versus the Springfield Falcons.
Over the Pirates last three games, Murphy has 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) with a +2 plus/minus rating. Murphy has played in 43 games this season for Portland with 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists).