Week of 2/2/09 Notables:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- On Friday night, Jhonas Enroth made his seventh consecutive start and stopped 22 of 24 shots in the Pirates 4-2 win on the road against the Providence Bruins.
- Mark Mancari ranks 16th among AHL scoring leaders with 43 points (18 goals, 25 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 11th among AHL goal scorers with 19 goals.
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 3rd among AHL rookies in scoring with 34 points (19 goals, 15 assists).
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 12th among AHL goalies with a 2.45 GAA.
- Following a 2-1 loss on Saturday to Bridgeport, the Pirates have won 3 of their last 4 games.
- The Pirates have allowed the fewest goals among Atlantic Division teams (127).
- Portland is the least penalized team in the Atlantic Division with just 714 penalty minutes.
2/04/09 - Pirates vs. Worcester 7:00 p.m.
2/10/09 - Pirates vs. Albany 7:00 p.m. at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY
- The Pirates take their home ice advantage to the HSBC Arena, home of their NHL affiliate Buffalo Sabres. Family Packs are available for $79.50 and include four 100 Level III tickets to the game, four hot dogs and sodas, one bag of popcorn and an autographed puck.
2/13/09 - Pirates vs. Worcester 7:00 p.m.
2/14/09 - Pirates vs. Providence 7:00 p.m. PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #27 Colton Fretter
Pirates forward Colton Fretter is the Pirates Player of the Week. This is the second time this season that Fretter has earned the honor. The 26 year-old notched 2 points (2 goals, 0 assists) this week during the Pirates two games.
On Friday, the Harrow, Ontario native recorded two goals in the Pirates 4-2 win in Providence. On Saturday night, Fretter did not register a point in the Pirates 2-1 loss on the road against Bridgeport.
Fretter is one of only six Pirates players to play in all 47 games this season. He ranks 7th on the team in points with 26 (14 goals, 12 assists) and is +12, which ties his for the team lead in plus/minus with Mark Mancari.