Follow along with Sabres game day updates and join in on the conversation via Twitter by using #SabresChat
| || |
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres meeting at First Niagara Center
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 p.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's Game Night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the final meeting of the year between Buffalo & Toronto.The Maple Leafs lead the season series 3-2 taking down the Sabres 4-3 in their last meeting on March 31.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Foundation 50/50 tickets for tonight's game Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are: Jason Pominville, Thomas Vanek & Tyler Ennis.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMEMAPLE LEAFS vs. SABRES
- This is the sixth and final meeting between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
- Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo, 4-3, in Toronto on March 31.
- The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 9-1-0 at home.
- This is the 184th game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo leads the series with a 101-60-22 record. Buffalo is 60-25-7 at home against the Maple Leafs all-time.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- April is Buffalo’s best regular season month since the lockout, with a combined record of 22-10-2 (.676) in 34 games. The Sabres went 4-0-1 in April to finish the 2010-11 season.
- The Sabres have won 10 of their last 11 home games vs. Toronto. Buffalo has not lost the home portion of a home-and-home series with the Maple Leafs since Dec. 20, 1970 (4-2 loss). The Sabres are 8-1-2 (two ties) all-time in the home portion of these series.
- With a win, Buffalo would sweep the home schedule of their season series with Toronto for the fourth time since the Maple Leafs joined the Eastern Conference before the 1998-99 season: 1999-00 (2-0-0), 2005-06 (4-0-0) and 2009-10 (3-0-0).
Buffalo is 31-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 29-6-4 when scoring three or more… Thomas Vanek
has seven points (3+4) in his last seven games… Marcus Foligno
was named the NHL “Rookie of the Month” for the month of March.LEADING THE WAY AGAINST THE LEAFSThomas Vanek
has 43 points (22+21) in 43 career games against Toronto… Jason Pominville
has 42 points (15+27) in 45 career games against the Maple Leafs, including six (2+4) in five games this season… Ryan Miller
is 26-14-0 all-time against Toronto with a 2.38 GAA and a .924 SV%; Miller has more wins (26) and shutouts (4) against the Maple Leafs than any other team.MILESTONES
- Robyn Regehr will appear in his 900th career NHL game tonight. Regehr becomes the 19th active defenseman to reach 900 games (130th all-time). Nine other players have reached this milestone as a member of the Sabres (last: Craig Rivet, Oct. 20, 2010). Two of the other 129 defensemen who have reached this milestone are assistant coaches for Buffalo: Teppo Numminen (1,372) and James Patrick (1,280).
- Tonight is Andrej Sekera’s 300th career NHL game. Sekera, the longest-tenured defenseman on Buffalo’s roster, made his NHL debut on Dec. 9, 2006 at MTL. Since then, he has recorded 80 points (15+65) and 96 penalty minutes with the Sabres.
The last nine games between the Sabres and the Maple Leafs have been decided in regulation, tying the longest such stretch between these teams since the NHL added the overtime period in 1983-84 (April 16, 2006 to March 24, 2007).HOME ICE ADVANTAGEJason Pominville
has registered at least one point in 31 of 40 home games this season. His 44 home points (17+27) tie for fifth in the NHL. Pominville hasn't been held pointless in consecutive home games since Feb. 25 and 26, 2011.FOLIGNO-ENNIS-STAFFORD
Buffalo’s line of Tyler Ennis
, Drew Stafford
and Marcus Foligno
has combined for 20 goals and 44 total points in the last 10 games:
MILLER’S MARCHRyan Miller
- Foligno has 11 points (6+5) and a plus-10 rating in 11 games since his recall on March 9. Prior to this recall, Foligno had only played one NHL game. His shooting percentage (37.5%) ranks first among all NHL players with more than five shots this season.
- Ennis has 25 points (10+15) in his last 23 games. The Sabres are 14-3-5 when Ennis records a point this season (41-11-9 in his career) and 6-1-1 when he notches at least two (20-2-2 in his career).
- Stafford has 16 points (7+9) in his last 10 games, topping his previous career best of 12 points in 10 games.
was named the NHL’s “Third Star of the Month” for the month of March. Miller went 10-3-2 with a 2.17 goals-against average, a .930 save percentage and two shutouts in March, including a five-game winning streak from March 19 to 27. Miller was chosen as one of the NHL “Three Stars of the Week” twice during the month, selected as first star for the week ending March 4 and as second star for the week ending March 25.EVERYBODY’S CHIPPING IN
With Cody McCormick
’s goal on March 27 at WSH, Buffalo has gotten goals from 30 different scorers this season. The total ties Buffalo’s franchise record, set in 1986-87 and matched in 1987-88 and 1991-92.FINISHING STRONG AFTER THE BREAK
Buffalo is 544-402-185 (.563) all-time in games after the All-Star break. This includes a record of 93-49-23 (.633) in those games since the lockout. The Sabres are 18-7-5 (.683) since the 2012 NHL All-Star Game. These totals do not include games after breaks for the Olympic Games.BATTLING BACK
MAN GAMES LOST
- The Sabres began the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a playoff spot. Since then, the team has gone 14-4-4.
- Only one team in NHL history has overcome a 10-point deficit this late in the season, when the New York Islanders rallied from a 10- point hole on Feb. 18, 1994 to snag eighth place in the conference.
- No team has overcome a 10-point deficit to make the playoffs twice since the current playoff format was introduced in 1993-94. If they obtain a playoff berth, the Sabres will have done it in consecutive years.
Entering tonight’s game, 22 different Sabres have missed at least one game with injury. Buffalo’s total of 319 man games lost is the highest total since the Sabres began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season (previous high: 269 in 2003-04). Buffalo has only had two players (Jason Pominville
and Jhonas Enroth
) dress for every game this season.Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @BuffaloSabres
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.