SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
Open to the public & free of charge to attend
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 p.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's game night program can be downloaded here.
- Tonight is the first meeting of the year between the Sabres and Jets.
- The teams met four times last year when the Jets were based out of Atlanta as the Thrashers. Buffalo took the series 3-0-1.
- The Sabres will be wearing their dark blue jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. today. Sabres alumnist Dale Hawerchuk will be making a special appearance at the tent parties. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
- Former Sabre Dale Hawerchuck & veteran play-by-play announcer Rick Jeanneret will be inducted into the Sabres Hall of Fame prior to the puck drop at tonight's game.
- Don't forget to purchase Alumni 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period. Last game, the 50/50 pot was over $10,000.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are Jason Pominville, Thomas Vanek & Luke Adam.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMEJETS vs. SABRES
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOWThomas Vanek
- First of four meetings between the Sabres and Jets this season.
- The teams meet next on Saturday, Jan. 7 in Buffalo.
- The Sabres are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 6-1-3 at home.
- This is the 45th game all-time between Buffalo and the Winnipeg franchise; Buffalo leads the series with a 20-14-10 record.
- Buffalo is 6-3-3 at home all-time against the Jets; the Sabres haven’t lost at home to the Jets since Oct. 17, 2009.
- Buffalo was 3-0-1 against Winnipeg last season.
has scored the first goal of a game a league-leading four times… Jason Pominville
has 25 points (9+16) in his last 22 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 25, 2011 vs. FLA… Paul Gaustad ranks ninth in the league with a faceoff percentage of 56.9%… Seven of Buffalo’s 13 games have been decided by one goal, including their last four; they are 3-4-0 in one-goal games.HOW THEY STACK UP (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/7 games)
LEADING THE WAY AGAINST WINNIPEGRyan Miller
- Vanek: 2 GWG (T-5th), 16 P (T-6th), 3 PPG (T-6th), 8 G (T-7th)
- Pominville: 15 P (T-9th)
- Sekera: plus-8 (T-7th)
- Adam: 7 A (1st, rookies), 11 P (2nd, rookies), 4 G (T-3rd, rookies)
- Gragnani: 4 A (T-5th, rookies)
is 11-2-5 all-time in 20 games against WPG with a 2.51 GAA… Thomas Vanek
leads all Sabres with 14 goals in 23 career games the Jets… Derek Roy
tops all Buffalo skaters with 29 points in 24 career games against Winnipeg.
THE CLASS OF 2012
|Getty Images |
Tonight, the Sabres are honoring Dale Hawerchuk and Rick Jeanneret with induction into the Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame. Hawerchuk, a 2001 inductee of the Hockey Hall of Fame, joined the Sabres after nine seasons with Winnipeg. Hawerchuk averaged more than a point per game with the Sabres, leading the team in scoring for three of his five seasons with the team. The fan-favorite Jeanneret is the longest-tenured play-by-play announcer in NHL history. Jeanneret’s voice has been synonymous with Sabres hockey since he began as the team’s radio announcer for the 1971-72 season.KILLING TIME
Buffalo’s penalty kill leads the league at 93.3% (42-for-45), with each team having given up a league-low three power play goals. The Sabres ended the 2010-11 season by going 48-for-52 (92.3%) on the kill in their last 17 games to finish 13th in the league at 83.0%.
HIS NAME IS JHONAS
With a 3-2 shootout win at OTT on Saturday, Jhonas Enroth
improved to 4-0-0 on the season with a 1.41 GAA and a .952 SV%, ranked fourth best in the NHL in both categories entering play Monday. Enroth is 12-3-3 in 20 career games, with a 2.45 GAA and a .918 SV%. He is 11-0-1 in his last 12 decisions, last losing in regulation on Nov. 24, 2010 in a 1-0 game vs. PIT in which he made 29 saves on 30 shots.TRIPLE THREATThomas Vanek
, Luke Adam
and Jason Pominville
have all recorded a point on the same goal seven times this season. Vanek and Pominville have combined on a goal 13 times, tying Toronto’s Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul and trailing only Daniel and Henrik Sedin (14) for most by any NHL duo this season.MR. CONSISTENTThomas Vanek
has scored 37 points (17+20) in his last 30 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 5. Excluding his current two game pointless streak, Vanek has not gone more than one game without recording a point during that stretch. Vanek’s 17 goals during that stretch trail only Corey Perry (24) and Jarome Iginla (18).
HOT HAND LUKELuke Adam
’s hot start has him among rookie leaders in several categories. Adam leads all rookies with four multi-point games, tying Thomas Vanek
for the team lead.A BUSY NOVEMBER
The Sabres are 2-1-0 so far in November. The team will play 14 games this month –tying December for second-most in a month this season –including nine home games (ties February for most in a month). However, Buffalo will not have any stretches of more than two games either at home or on the road for the entire month.THE IRON MANBrad Boyes
enters tonight’s game as the team’s leader in consecutive games played (505). Boyes has the NHL’s third-longest active ironman streak, and has never missed a game due to injury in his NHL career. He trails only Calgary’s Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin.LINDY’S LONGEVITY
Since Lindy Ruff was named Buffalo's head coach on July 21, 1997, there have been 164 coaching changes in the NHL. After Tony LaRussa announced his retirement on Oct. 31, Ruff became the second-longest tenured coach in the four major professional sports leagues. Only Gregg Popovich, who began coaching the San Antonio Spurs in 1996, has been head coach of his team longer than Ruff.THE ARBOUR CLUB
Lindy Ruff has 534 wins as head coach of the Sabres, second-most by a head coach with a single franchise, trailing only Al Arbour (740). Ruff has more wins than any other coach with his first NHL team. Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.