Follow along with Sabres game day updates and join in on the conversation via Twitter by using #SabresChat
| || |
| ||1 ||2 ||3 ||T |
|CANADIENS || || || ||0 |
|Sabres || || || ||0 |
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres meeting at First Niagara Center
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 a.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's Game Night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the fifth meeting of the year between the Sabres and Canadiens. Buffalo is currently 3-0-1 against Montreal this year, falling to the Habs 4-3 in a shootout in their last meeting.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Foundation 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are Marcus Foligno, Tyler Myers & Drew Stafford.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMECANADIENS vs. SABRES
- Fifth of six meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
- Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo, 4-3 (SO), in Buffalo on Feb. 17.
- The teams meet next on Wednesday, March 21 in Buffalo.
- The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 6-2-2 at home.
- This is the 252nd game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; the Sabres are 114-100-37 against the Canadiens (66-34-24 at home).
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The Sabres (7-2-1) have 15 points in their last 10 games, trailing only Dallas (19), Pittsburgh (18) and St. Louis (18) for most points in their last 10 games.
- Buffalo enters tonight’s game two points out of a playoff spot after beginning the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of eighth in the Eastern Conference.
- The Sabres are 10-5-4 against the Northeast Division this season, including a 3-0-1 record against the Canadiens. Buffalo has gone 6-0-1 in their last seven against the Habs, dating back to Nov. 27, 2010.
- Derek Roy has five points (1+4) against the Canadiens this season and leads all Sabres with 35 (12+23) in 45 career games against the Habs.
Buffalo is 26-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 23-4-3 when scoring three or more… The Sabres are 14-5-3 with Corey Tropp
in the lineup… Matt Ellis
left Saturday’s game with a lower body injury… The Sabres are 10-1-3 when Tyler Ennis
records a point this season and 37-9-7 when he tallies a point in his career… Marcus Foligno
recorded his first career point with a goal on Saturday at OTT.KILLING IT
The Sabres were only whistled for one penalty in each of their last two games, and killed off each power play attempt. Buffalo has killed off 18 straight penalties entering tonight, and the team hasn’t allowed a power play goal since Feb. 24 vs. BOS.
IT’S MILLER TIMERyan Miller
is 8-1-1 in his last 10 games with a .945 save percentage and a 1.76 goals against average, and 13-3-3 in his last 19 games with a 1.89goals against average and a .938 save percentage.FINISHING STRONG AFTER THE BREAK
Buffalo is 537-400-183 (.561) all-time in games after the All-Star break. This includes a record of 86-47-21 (.627) in those games since the lockout. The Sabres are 11-5-3 (.658) since the 2012 NHL All-Star Game. These totals do not include games after breaks for the Olympic Games.BATTLING BACK
The Sabres began the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a playoff spot after a 7-2 loss at PHI the night before. Since then, the team has gone 8-2-2, allowing 2.00 goals per game. Only one team in NHL history has overcome a 10 point deficit this late in the season, when the New York Islanders rallied from a 10-point hole on Feb. 18, 1994 to snag eighth place in the conference.
MAN GAMES LOST
Entering tonight’s game, 22 different Sabres have missed at least one game with injury. Buffalo’s total of 281 man games lost is the highest total since the Sabres began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season (previous high: 269 in 2003-04). Buffalo has only had two players (Jason Pominville
and Jhonas Enroth
) dress for every game this season.Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.