SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
Open to the public & free of charge to attend
- 5:00 p.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's game night program can be downloaded here.
- Tonight is the first meeting of the year between the Sabres and Blue Jackets.
- The teams played twice last year, with Buffalo winning both games scoring five goals in each game.
- Buffalo and Columbus will meet in Ohio on November 25 to close out their season series.
- The Sabres will be wearing their third jerseys for tonight's game.
- Don't forget to purchase Alumni 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period. Last game, the 50/50 pot was over $9,800.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are Jason Pominville, Luke Adam & Tyler Myers.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that tonight's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program for 50% off their purchase tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that tonight's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tommorow at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMEBLUE JACKETS at SABRES
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- First of two meetings between the Sabres and Blue Jackets this season.
- These two teams met twice last year; Buffalo went 2-0-0; 1-0-0 at home.
- The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Blue Jackets; 3-4-0 at home.
- This is the 13th game all-time between Buffalo and Columbus; Buffalo leads the series with a 4-7-1 record.
- Buffalo is 3-4-0 at home against the Blue Jackets all-time.
- The two teams will face each other again on Nov. 25 in Columbus to finish out the regular season series.
- Tonight is Buffalo’s second game of a season-high five-game home stretch… The Sabres have not lost at home to the Blue Jackets
- since Nov. 14, 2008… Buffalo is 2-0-0 vs. Western Conference opponents this season… Ryan Miller is 10 wins from overtaking
- Dominik Hasek’s franchise record of 234… Buffalo has killed 23 of 25 penalties (92%) in 2011-12… Jason Pominville has 20 points
- (6+14) in his last 17 regular season games, dating back to 3/25/11 vs. FLA… Buffalo is 21-7-4 since Terry Pegula purchased the team.
- HOW THEY STACK UP (Sabres’ league rankings before 10/26 games)
- Vanek: 3 PPG (T-2nd), 34 S (3rd), 2 GWG (T-3rd), 7 G (3rd), 11 P (4th)
- Pominville: 8 A (T-1st), 10 P (T-6th)
- Sekera: plus-6 (T-4th)
- Adam: 4 A (T-1st, rookies), 7 P (2nd, rookies), 3 G (T-3rd, rookies)
- Gragnani: 3 A (T-3rd, rookies), plus-5 (T-10th)
- Miller: 4 W (T-5th)
CENTER OF ATTENTIONDerek Roy
went 14-for-21 on the draw (67%) on Tuesday vs. TBL. Entering Wednesday’s games, Roy was ranked 11th in the league in faceoff percentage this season, going 76-for-131 (58%).500 AND COUNTING…Brad Boyes
became the 20th player in NHL history to dress for 500 consecutive games on Tuesday vs. TBL. Boyes notched two points (1+1) in the loss, scoring his first goal since Mar. 19 vs. ATL. Boyes leads all Sabres skaters with 21 points (9+12) in 27 career games against the Blue Jackets. Boyes has the NHL’s third-longest active ironman streak, and has never missed a game due to injury in his NHL career. He trails only Calgary’s Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin.KILLING TIME
After killing off all three penalties Tuesday vs. TBL, Buffalo’s penalty kill is ranked third in the league at 92.0% (23-for-25). The team ended the 2010-11 season by going 48-for-52 (92.3%) on the kill in their last 17 games to finish 13th in the league at 83.0%. Ryan Miller
has a save percentage of .940 while shorthanded this season.
A HELPING HAND
With an assist Tuesday vs. TBL, Jason Pominville
entered play Wednesday tied for the league lead with eight assists. Pominville now has 20 points in his last 17 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 25 vs. FLA.VANEK MOVING UP THE CHARTSThomas Vanek
’s 211 career goals tie Alexander Mogilny’s total for 10th-most all-time by a Sabre. Vanek needs five more goals to tie Don Luce for ninth. His 36 game-winners are fifth-most in Sabres history, two behind Dave Andreychuk for fourth-most by a Sabre alltime.
Vanek has scored 32 points (16+16) in his last 26 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 5. In those 26 games, he has not gone more than one game without recording a point. Entering Wednesday night, Vanek tied Jarome Iginla for second-most goals during that stretch (trailing only Corey Perry) and tied Martin St. Louis for fourth in points behind Daniel Sedin, Jason Spezza and Perry.HOME COOKING
The Sabres are back home after wrapping up a road trip that saw them pick up six of a possible eight points (3-1-0). Tonight’s game is the second in a five-game home stretch ending with a matchup with Calgary on Nov. 4. The home stand is the first of two five-game stints at home this season, the longest such stretches for the team in 2011-12. The next one will take place between Dec. 7 vs. PHI and Dec. 16 vs. TOR. Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.