Popular fan giveaway items include fleece blanket, cooler bag, alarm clock, fanny pack, hats and much more
Hey Hockeytown! Theme nights, promotions and giveaways items for the exciting second half of the Detroit Red Wings season are finalized, and we want to see YOU at Little Caesars Arena! From the always popular bobblehead giveaways, to live music, to promotional items to keep you warm during the winter months, we've got you covered!
The Red Wings will host two bobblehead nights in the second half of the season, starting with the first home game of 2020 - Jan. 7 vs. the Montreal Canadiens - when the first 10,000 fans receive a Jimmy Howard bobblehead courtesy of Meijer. Andreas Athanasiou's bobblehead, presented by Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, will debut for the first 10,000 fans in attendance on Tuesday, Feb. 18, also against Montreal.
Five theme nights will be held in the second half, with a full takeover of Little Caesars Arena. The Red Wings will host "Kids Day" on Sunday, Jan. 12 against the Buffalo Sabres, and honor active military members and veterans for Military Appreciation Night, presented by Kroger, on Saturday, Jan. 18 versus the Florida Panthers. On Monday, March 2 vs. Colorado as part of the "Hockeytown Concert Nights" series presented by Jack Daniel's, 90's Night will be held at Little Caesars Arena, when Metro Detroit's own "The Class of '98" will perform live for exclusive fans. Hockeytown Concert Series ticket packages can be purchased here.
The Red Wings will celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Monday, March 16 against Florida, while the annual Fan Appreciation Night will be hosted before and during the Red Wings' regular season finale on Saturday, April 4 vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning.
A full list of theme nights, promotions and giveaways for the second half of the Red Wings season appears below:
- Tuesday, Jan. 7 vs. Montreal: Jimmy Howard bobblehead giveaway (presented by Meijer) (first 10,000 fans)
- Friday, Jan. 10 vs. Ottawa: Knit Scarf giveaway (presented by MotorCity Casino Hotel) (first 5,000 fans)
- Sunday, Jan. 12 vs. Buffalo: Kids Day and Tin Lunch Box giveaway (presented by Michigan Education Savings Program) (first 2,500 kids ages 12 and under)
- Friday, Jan. 17 vs. Pittsburgh: Fleece Blanket giveaway (presented by Saint Joseph Mercy Health System) (first 10,000 fans)
- Saturday, Jan. 18 vs. Florida: Military Appreciation Night (presented by Kroger) and Knit Hat giveaway (presented by National Coney Island) (first 5,000 fans)
- Monday, Feb. 3 vs. Philadelphia: Fur Hat giveaway (presented by MotorCity Casino Hotel) (first 5,000 fans)
- Sunday, Feb. 9 vs. Boston: Cooler Bag giveaway (presented by Little Caesars) (first 7,500 fans)
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 vs. Montreal: Andreas Athanasiou bobblehead giveaway (presented by Saint Joseph Mercy Health System) (first 10,000 fans)
- Sunday, Feb. 23 vs. Calgary: Hockey is For Everyone Night
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 vs. New Jersey: Cereal Bowl giveaway (presented by Meijer) (first 10,000 fans)
- Thursday, Feb. 27 vs. Minnesota: Alarm Clock giveaway (presented by Detroit Medical Center) (first 5,000 fans)
- Monday, March 2 vs. Colorado: 90's Night (presented by Jack Daniel's) and Retro Hat giveaway (presented by Coca-Cola) (first 10,000 fans)
- Sunday, March 8 vs Tampa Bay: Floppy Hat giveaway (presented by Visit Central Florida) (first 5,000 fans)
- Tuesday, March 10 vs Carolina: Block Calendar giveaway (presented by DTE Energy) (first 5,000 fans)
- Monday, March 16 vs. Florida: St. Patrick's Day (presented by Labatt Blue) and Fanny Pack giveaway (presented by Huntington Bank) (first 7,500 fans)
- Saturday, March 28 vs. Washington: NHL Green Night and Reusable Tote Bag giveaway (presented by DTE) (first 5,000 fans)
- Saturday, April 4 vs. Tampa Bay: Fan Appreciation Night (presented by Coca-Cola)
In addition, the University of Windsor has been added to the second annual "Hockeytown College Nights" series, presented by Michigan First Credit Union. The school will celebrate its students and alums on Monday, March 2 vs. the Colorado Avalanche.
Stay tuned to the Red Wings' social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) for information regarding college nights, theme nights, promotions and giveaways for the 2020 calendar year, as well as additional updates for the months of October through December.
Additional information on Red Wings single-game and season ticket plans can be obtained by visiting www.DetroitRedWings.com or by calling the Red Wings' Ticket Sales & Service Office at 313-471-7575.