Two nights after a shootout loss at The Garden, the Rangers got their revenge over the Islanders by beating them 4-1 on Thursday night in Uniondale. The convincing victory moved the sixth-place Blueshirts to within four points of the conference lead.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. S. AVERY -- NYR
3. B. SHANAHAN -- NYRNOTES
* The Rangers are 8-0-3 in their last 11 matches, earning standings points in all 11. The last time they accomplished that feat was during the Stanley Cup-winning season of 1993-94.
* The Rangers have won three straight games on the road, and have earned standings points in 9 consecutive road contests (7-0-2), the club’s longest such streak since the 1972-73 season.
* Henrik Lundqvist
earned his 30th victory of the season, becoming only the second goalie in NHL history to record 30 wins in each of his first three seasons. He joins former Flyers goaltender Ron Hextall in that category.
* Sean Avery
recorded his second two-goal game of the season, and the 6th of his career. He now has 8 goals in his last 10 matches.
* Nigel Dawes picked up a pair of assists for his third two-point game of the season. He now is 6-12-18 in his last 24 games.
* Brendan Shanahan scored his 22nd goal, tying Chris Drury for the team lead. Shanahan now has points in eight of his last nine contests (5-4-9).
* Scott Gomez scored his 15th goal and extended his point-scoring streak to 5 consecutive games (2-6-8). He also won 65 percent of his faceoffs tonight, while teammate Chris Drury won 71 percent of his draws.