| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank ninth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 15-13-2 (32 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Florida Panthers, 3-1, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, to end their two-game winning streak. The Blueshirts are now 4-2-0 in their last six home games. The Capitals enter the contest with a 14-16-1 (29 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have won three of their last four games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday, Mar. 26, at Wells Fargo Center (7:30 p.m.), to begin a three-game road trip.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won seven of their last nine regular season games against the Capitals, outscoring Washington, 32-16, over the span.
* New York is tied for ninth in the NHL with a 10-6-1 (21 pts) record at home; Washington ranks 19th in the NHL with a 6-9-1 (13 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 6-3-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Capitals are 2-8-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list two former Capitals on their roster: Steve Eminger (2002-03 to 2007-08); Roman Hamrlik (2011-12 to 2012-13).
* Washington lists two former Rangers on its roster: Tom Poti (2001-02 to 2005-06); Wojtek Wolski (2010-11 to 2011-12). All Time -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 48-38-9-2
At Washington: 39-48-9-32013 Rangers vs. Washington
Feb. 17 Rangers 2, Capitals 1 at MSG
March 10 Rangers 4, Capitals 1 at Washington
March 24 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 24 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
March 26 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
March 28 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
March 30 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
April 1 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal has missed nine games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Arron Asham has missed 15 games with an injury.
* Michael Sauer has missed 30 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 77 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.