| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, Dec. 23, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 20-14-1 (41 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-1, on Saturday at Wells Fargo Center, and are now 13-7-0 in their last 20 games. New York has won six of their last nine games at MSG (6-3-0). The Lightning enter the contest with a 19-10-5 (43 pts) record to rank fifth in the Eastern Conference, and have won four of their last five games (4-0-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New York Islanders on Monday, Dec. 27, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 209.Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Pre-Game Notes
* New York ranks 23rd with a 8-8-1 (17 pts) record at home; Tampa Bay ranks eighth with a 9-8-3 (21 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-4-0 vs. the Southeast Division; the Lightning are 5-1-1 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 13-6-2 with a 2.08 goals against average and two shutouts in 21 career games vs. Tampa Bay; Martin Biron
is 10-7-2-0 with a 2.66 goals against average in 19 career contests vs. the Lightning.
* Chris Drury has recorded a team-high 12 goals and 20 points in 30 career games vs. Tampa Bay; Michal Rozsival leads the Rangers with 13 assists in 31 career contests vs. the Lightning.
* New York lists three former Lightning on it roster: Steve Eminger
(2008-09); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2002-03 to 2006-07); Vinny Prospal (2001-02 to 2002-03, 2005-06 to 2007-08, 2008-09).
* Tampa Bay lists two former Rangers on its roster: Adam Hall (2006-07); Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06).
* Rangers' Head Coach John Tortorella served as Lightning Head Coach from 2000-01 to 2007-08, posting a record of 239-222-36-38 in 535 games while guiding Tampa Bay to four straight Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, two Southeast Division Championships (2002-03, 2003-04) and the franchise's only Stanley Cup Championship in 2003-04. All Time – Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 21-12-2-2
At Tampa Bay: 16-16-3-12010-11 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Nov. 24 Rangers 3, Lightning 5 at Tampa
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Jan. 1 Rangers vs. Lightning at Tampa
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 29 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Jan. 1 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 2 Rangers at Florida, 5 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Del Zotto
is out with the flu.
* Marian Gaborik
is out with groin strain.
* Vinny Prospal has missed 35 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed five games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan
has missed two games with a broken hand.
* The Rangers have lost 104 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.