| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank second in the Atlantic Division standings, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-2-0 (14 pts.). New York enters tonight's contest having been defeated by San Jose, 7-3, Monday at Madison Square Garden to end their winning streak at seven games, their longest since they won seven straight during the 2005-06 season (Feb. 1 to Mar. 2). New Jersey enters the contest with a 4-3-0 (eight pts.) record, and rank seventh in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will travel to Montreal to face-off against the Canadiens on Saturday, Oct. 24, at Bell Centre (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Devils Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers tallied one power-play goal on Monday vs. San Jose to extend their streak to seven games with at least one goal on the man-advantage, clicking at a 36.7% (11-30) success rate over the span.
* Marian Gaborik
tallied at least one point in each of the Rangers first eight games (six goals and 12 points) to begin the season, tying Dave Creighton's (1955-56) team record for longest point streak by a new Ranger to begin the season.
* The following milestones were achieved on Monday against San Jose: Chris Drury skated in his 800th career NHL game; Matt Gilroy recorded his first career NHL assist.
* New York is 12-2-0 in its last 14 regular season games at MSG dating back to last season.
* Tonight's contest marks the 100th regular-season meeting between the Rangers and Devils franchise at MSG (51-27-20-1).
* The Rangers are tied for second in the NHL at home with a record of 4-1-0 (eight pts.) in five games; the Devils have posted a record of 3-0-0 (six pts.) in three road games ranking fifth in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 1-1-0 vs. the Atlantic Division; New Jersey has registered a 0-2-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average in one appearance against New Jersey this season; Lundqvist is 16-5-4 with a 1.81 goals against average and three shutouts in 25 career regular season contests vs. the Devils.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 20 assists and 29 points in 42 career regular season games against New Jersey; Drury has tallied a team-high, 11 goals in 34 career regular season contests vs. the Devils.
* Gaborik tallied a hat trick against New Jersey on Feb. 17, 2004.
* Prospal (Mar. 5, 1997), Lundqvist (Oct. 8, 2005) and Brian Boyle
(Feb. 2, 2008) each made their NHL debut against New Jersey.
* Marc Staal
(Nov. 14, 2007), Boyle (Feb. 2, 2008) and Gilroy (Oct. 5, 2009) each recorded their first career NHL goal against New Jersey.
* New York lists no former Devils on its roster.
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on its roster: Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02).All Time – Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 51-27-20-1
At New Jersey: 41-51-7-32009-10 - Rangers vs. New Jersey
Oct. 5 Rangers 3, Devils 2 at New Jersey
Oct. 22 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Jan. 12 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 6 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
March 10 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
March 25 Rangers vs. Devils at New JerseyUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 22 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Oct. 24 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Oct. 26 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Oct. 28 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Oct. 30 Rangers at Minnesota, 8 p.m.Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 5 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack return to action Friday night (7:30) at Adirondack (Philadelphia affiliate. The Pack’s record is now 2-4-0-0, heading into a three-game weekend this weekend. Friday night’s game finishes off a season-opening stretch of six out of seven on the road, and then the club starts a five-game homestand with games at the XL Center vs. Lowell (New Jersey affiliate) Saturday (7:00) and Worcester (San Jose affiliate) Sunday (3:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com