| ||VS. || |
The Rangers begin a back-to-back home set when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and ninth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 5-3-3 (13 pts). The Rangers enter tonight’s contest having defeated the Anaheim Ducks, 2-1, in the shootout on Thursday at Madison Square Garden to improve to 5-2-1 in their last eight games, including wins in their last two contests. The Canadiens currently own a 5-5-2 (12 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last four games. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will close out their six-game homestand when they face-off against the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday, Nov. 6, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third game in four days. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 215.Rangers vs. Canadiens Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have posted a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
* New York ranks 22nd with a 2-1-1 (5 pts) record at home; Montreal is tied for 23rd with a 3-2-0 (6 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 0-1-1 record vs. Northeast Division opponents; the Canadiens are 1-1-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 11-8-2 record with a 2.94 GAA and one shutout in 22 career regular season contests vs. Montreal; Martin Biron
is 14-11-0-1 with a 2.36 GAA and two shutouts in 28 career regular season games vs. the Canadiens.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with seven goals, 11 assists and 18 points in 30 career regular season contests vs. Montreal; Brandon Dubinsky
has tallied 10 points (five goals, five assists) in 16 games vs. the Canadiens.
* New York lists no former Canadiens on its roster
* Montreal lists one former Ranger on its roster: Scott Gomez (2007-08 to 2008-09).All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 125-123-54-1
At Montreal: 64-195-40-22010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Montreal
Jan. 11 Rangers 1, Canadiens 2 at MSG
Jan. 15 Rangers 2, Canadiens 3 at Montreal
Feb. 5 Rangers 0, Canadiens 2 at Montreal
March 18 Rangers 6, Canadiens 3 at MSG2011-12 Rangers vs. Montreal
Nov. 5 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Nov. 19 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Jan. 15 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
March 30 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 5 Rangers vs. Montreal at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Winnipeg at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 11 Rangers vs. Carolina at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 15 Rangers at N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 11 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed four games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski will miss tonight's game due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* The Rangers have lost 24 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.