| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Montreal Canadiens tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 25-15-3 (53 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the St. Louis Blues, 2-1, on Saturday at Scottrade Center to improve to 8-2-2 in their last 12 games, and have won each of their last three games. New York has registered a point in 20 of their last 28 games (18-8-2), and is 8-3-1 in their last 12 games at home. The Canadiens enter the contest with a 23-16-3 (49 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and each of their last four games have gone into overtime (3-0-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday, Jan. 13, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 207.Rangers vs. Montreal Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 19th in the NHL with a 10-8-2 (22 pts) record at home; the Canadiens are tied for 22nd with a 9-11-0 (18 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 6-2-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Canadiens are 6-4-0 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 10-6-2 with a 2.98 goals against average and one shutout in 19 career regular season appearances vs. Montreal; Martin Biron
has posted a record of 14-10-0-1 with a 2.41 goals against average and two shutouts in 27 career regular season games against the Canadiens.
* Chris Drury has registered a team-high, 14 goals, 19 assists and 33 points in 41 career regular season contests vs. Montreal.
* New York lists no former Canadiens on its roster.
* Montreal lists two former Rangers on its roster: Scott Gomez (2007-08 to 2008-09); Alex Auld (2009-10).All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 124-121-54-1
At Montreal: 64-194-40-22009-10 Review -- Rangers vs. Montreal
Oct. 24 Rangers 4, Canadiens 5 (OT) at Montreal
Jan. 17 Rangers 6, Canadiens 2 at MSG
Jan. 23 Rangers 0, Canadiens 6 at Montreal
March 16 Rangers 1, Canadiens 3 at MSG2010-11 Rangers vs. Montreal
Jan. 11 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Jan. 15 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Feb. 5 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
March 18 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 11 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Jan. 13 Rangers vs. Vancouver, 7 p.m.
Jan. 15 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Jan. 16 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 43 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 13 games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan
has missed 10 games with a broken hand.
* Erik Christensen has missed five games with a sprained knee.
* Alex Frolov is out with a knee injury that requires season-ending surgery.
* The Rangers have lost 137 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.