| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will begin a two-game homestand when they face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 36-30-4 (76 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the San Jose Sharks, 3-2, in the shootout on Saturday at HP Pavilion, and are now 4-1-0 in their last five road games. The Islanders enter the contest with a 27-32-11 (65 pts) record to rank 14th in the Eastern Conference, and have registered at least one point in each of their last seven games (4-0-3). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Montreal Canadiens on Friday, Mar. 18, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. EST), in an Original Six match-up. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Plus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts have notched 11 goals in 32 power play opportunities (34.4%) in their last eight games vs. the Islanders, including 6-15 (40.0%) in four meetings this season.
* The Rangers rank 26th with a 15-16-3 (33 pts) record at home; the Islanders rank 28th with an 11-17-6 (28 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 10-8-1 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Islanders are 5-9-4 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 20-9-5 with a 2.11 goals against average and three shutouts in 35 career regular season games vs. the Islanders; Chad Johnson
has yet to face the Islanders.
* Marian Gaborik
has registered 23 points (12 goals, 11 assists) in 19 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders.
* The Rangers list two former Islanders on their roster: Martin Biron
(2009-10); Ruslan Fedotenko
* The Islanders list three former Rangers on their roster: Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02); P.A. Parenteau (2009-10); Doug Weight (1991-92 to 1992-93) All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 64-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 47-60-8-12010-11 Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 6 at Uniondale
Dec. 2 Rangers 6, Islanders 5 at Uniondale
Dec. 3 Rangers 2, Islanders 0 at MSG
Dec. 27 Rangers 7, Islanders 2 at MSG
March 15 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 31 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 15 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
March 18 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
March 20 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.
March 22 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Derek Boogaard has missed 40 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 27 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 16 games with a knee injury.
* Martin Biron
has missed six games with a fractured collarbone.
* The Rangers have lost 276 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.