| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to close out their three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 10th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 11-10-1 (23 pts.). New York enter tonight's contest having been defeated by Florida, 3-2, on Saturday at MSG, to drop to 7-4-0 in their last 11 meetings with the Panthers at The Garden. Columbus enter the contest with a 12-6-3 (27 pts.) record, and rank sixth in the Western Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the Florida Panthers on Wednesday, November 25, at BankAtlantic Center (7:30 p.m.), in the first game of a three-game road trip.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 239.Rangers vs. Columbus Pre-Game Note
The Rangers have posted an 8-3-0 (16 pts.) record in games when scoring first, but are 3-7-1 (seven pts.) when allowing the first goal.
* New York ranks third in the NHL in hits (596) and fifth in blocked shots (346).
* The Rangers are tied for 19th in the NHL at home with a record of 6-5-0 (12 pts.) in 11 games; the Blue Jackets have posted a record of 6-4-1 (13 pts.) in 11 road games tying for 11th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 0-0-0 vs. the Central Division; Columbus has registered an 0-0-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average in one appearance against Columbus last season; Lundqvist is 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals against average in two career regular-season contests vs. the Blue Jackets.
* Marian Gaborik
leads the Rangers with 11 goals and 18 points in 22 career regular season games against Columbus; Michal Rozsival leads all Ranger defensemen with five assists and six points in seven career appearences vs. the Blue Jackets.
* Gaborik registered his second career NHL hat trick against Columbus on Mar. 10, 2002.
* New York lists no former Blue Jackets on its roster.
* Columbus lists one former Ranger on its roster: Fedor Tyutin (2003-04 to 2007-08).All Time – Rangers vs. Blue Jackets
At MSG: 1-1-1-0
At Columbus: 2-4-0-02008-09 Series Recap
New York went 1-0-0 against Columbus in 2008-09, having won their only meeting, 3-1, at Nationwide Arena on Oct. 24. The Rangers penalty kill held the Blue Jackets scoreless in six power-play opportunities.2009-10 - Rangers vs. Columbus
Nov. 23 Rangers vs. Blue Jackets at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 23 Rangers vs. Columbus, 7 p.m.
Nov. 25 Rangers at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 27 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 28 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 30 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Chris Drury has missed four games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* Brandon Dubinsky
has missed four games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* The Rangers have lost 25 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (11-8-0-1, 23 pts.) saw a four-game points streak (3-0-0-1) end on Saturday, when they dropped a 2-1 decision at Syracuse (Columbus affiliate). That was only the Pack’s second regulation loss in the last 10 games (7-2-0-1), and came on the heels of a 5-3 win over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh affiliate) Thursday night at the XL Center. The previous night in Hartford, the Wolf Pack scored late in the third period to earn a standings point against Binghamton (Ottawa affiliate), but ended up with a 2-1 shootout loss in their first shootout of the year. The Pack has at least a point in 10 of its last 13 outings (9-3-0-1), after starting the season 2-5-0-0 in its first seven. Ken Gernander’s club will play four games in five days over the Thanksgiving holiday, starting Wednesday night (7:00) in Lowell (New Jersey affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com