Tuesday night's win was just what the doctor ordered for the Rangers, who routed Atlanta 4-0 at MSG in the final game before Leetch Night. Goalie Henrik Lundqvist
made 14 saves for his league-leading seventh shutout of the season.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. F. TYUTIN -- NYR
3. M. STRAKA -- NYR
* Jaromir Jagr notched a goal and two assists, along with a plus-three rating to earn First Star honors. He has registered 19 points (eight goals and 11 assists) in the last 14 games.
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 14 shots to post his seventh shutout of the season. He has held opponents to one or fewer goal in three of his last four home games. Lundqvist is the first Ranger to record seven shutouts in a season since Eddie Giacomin in 1970-71.
* Fedor Tyutin collected a career-high, three points (three assists) and posted a plus-three rating. He also delivered three hits and blocked two shots in 21:22 of icetime.
* Martin Straka recorded one goal, a shorthanded tally, to earn Third Star honors. The last time the Rangers notched a shorthanded goal was Nov. 19 vs. NY Islanders (M. Rozsival), and the last shorthanded goal Straka tallied was on Jan. 3, 2004 vs. Dallas (Turco).
* Scott Gomez collected two assists and posted a plus-two rating. He has tallied 16 points (two goals and 14 assists) in the last 14 games and ranks second on the team with 11 multi-point games this season.
* Brandon Dubinsky
registered a first-period goal (15:32). He has recorded five points (three goals and two assists) and a plus-six rating in the last six games, including three goals in the last four games.
* Sean Avery
tallied the game’s opening goal at 12:12 of the first period and posted a plus-two rating. He has notched two goals in the last three games.
* Chris Drury registered an assist and won 11 of 18 faceoffs for a success rate of 61 percent.
* The Blueshirts held the Thrashers to 14 shots, the fewest total allowed since a 7-1 win on January 28, 2006 vs. Pittsburgh (14 shots allowed).
* The Rangers have sold out 102 consecutive regular season games.