Things looked great for the Rangers early in Thursday night's game vs. the Flyers at MSG, but a 2-0 lead became a 3-2 deficit after two periods, and the Flyers cruised through the third for a 6-2 win -- their first over the Blueshirts this season.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. S. HARTNELL -- PHI
2. A. NIITTYMAKI -- PHI
3. S. DOWNIE -- PHINOTES
* Ryan Hollweg notched two first-period goals and posted a plus-two rating. His first tally of the game at 4:43 of the opening period was his first goal in his last 67 games. The two-goal effort represents a new career-high for a single game.
* Dan Girardi
collected two assists in 20:37 of icetime. He now ranks second on the team among defensemen in assists (10).
* Blair Betts registered an assist and posted a plus-two rating. He has posted a plus or even rating in 34 of the last 41 games.
* Fedor Tyutin delivered a game-high, seven hits in 18:51 of icetime. He increased his team-leading total to 118 hits this season. The seven hits also tied his season-high (twice).
* Scott Gomez recorded a team-high, five shots on net and logged 20:18 of icetime. His 20:18 of icetime was also a team-high among forwards.
* The line of Betts, Hollweg and Colton Orr registered two goals and one assist for three points. Entering Thursday's contest, the trio has collected six points (three goals and three assists).
* The Rangers have sold out 98 consecutive regular season games.