Since 2001, Pancreatic Cancer Walk
has raised nearly $1,000,000
in support of The Lustgarten Foundation's
mission to advance promising pancreatic cancer research and provide patient information and support!
Join the 2004 Walk and be a part of the search for a cure!When:
Sunday, July 25, 2004Where:
Old Westbury Gardens, Old Westbury NYTime:
Registration begins at 8:00 AM ET / Walk starts at 9:30 AM ET - RAIN OR SHINE!
Pancreatic Cancer Walk (Old Westbury Gardens) participants can select a 1-mile, 3-mile or 5-mile route through beautiful Old Westbury Gardens. A fully-accessible route will also be available. Refreshments will be served.
For more information, please call 1-877-972-7373
__________What is Pancreatic Cancer? >>Make a Donantion >>Download a Sample Fund Raising Letter >>Additional Pancreatic Cancer Walk 2004 Info >>
The Lustgarten Foundation >>
* Now you can create your own Web page to raise funds for the Walk! Visit www.pcwalk2004.kintera.org
to learn more and register for the Walk.
The mission of The Lustgarten Foundation is to advance the scientific and medical research related to the diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of pancreatic cancer by:
* Increasing funding and support of research into the biological mechanisms and clinical strategies related to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer of the gastrointestinal tract with primary emphasis on adenocarcinoma of the pancreas;
* Facilitating and enhancing the dialog among members of the medical and scientific communities about basic and clinical research efforts that relate to pancreatic cancer;
* Advocating an increase in the annual budget of the National Cancer Institute with emphasis on research related to pancreatic cancer;
* Heightening the public's awareness of pancreatic cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention and providing informational support for pancreatic cancer patients, their families, and friends.