The Rangers face-off against the Dallas Stars tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in their third game in four nights. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 6-1-1, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 13 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Red Wings, 5-4, in overtime on Saturday at Joe Louis Arena. Following tonight's match, the Rangers will travel to Columbus to face-off against the Blue Jackets, Friday, October 24, at Nationwide Arena (7:00 p.m.) in the first game of a back-to-back set. The Stars, 1-3-1, currently rank 13th in the Western Conference standings with three points following a 5-4 loss on Saturday vs. Colorado.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York.Rangers vs. Stars Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 4-1-0 at homeG this season; The Stars have posted a 0-2-0 record in two road contests.
* Last season, the Rangers posted a 1-4-0 record against the Pacific Division; The Stars were 3-2-0 against Atlantic Division opponents last season.
* The Blueshirts have posted a 4-0-1 record in five, one goal games this season.
* The Rangers' last win vs. Dallas at Madison Square Garden was November
4, 2003 (3-0).
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 1-1-0 record with a 2.52 goals against average in two career regular season appearances vs. the Stars.
* Markus Naslund has registered 41 points (22 goals and 19 assists) in 48 career games vs. the Stars; Paul Mara has notched 10 points (five goals and five assists) in 28 career games vs. Dallas; Nikolai Zherdev has collected nine points (three goals and six assists) in 13 career contests vs. the Stars.
* Nikolai Zherdev has recorded at least one point in his last four games vs. Dallas, registering seven points (two goals and five assists) over the span.
* In four games vs. the Stars last season, Markus Naslund tallied four goals and three assists for seven points.
* Henrik Lundqvist
stopped 40 shots on Saturday at Detroit; It is the third time in his career he has made 40 or more saves in a game, posting a 2-0-1 record in those games.
* Dmitri Kalinin registered his first point as a Ranger with an assist on Saturday vs. the Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena.
* Dan Girardi
ranks fourth in the NHL with 21 hits; Colton Orr and Aaron Voros are tied for sixth in the league with 18 hits.
* Evgeny Grachev, the Rangers' third round selection (75th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered three goals and three assists for six points in nine games with Brampton Battalion of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL); He currently leads all team rookies in goals (three) and points (six), and is tied for first in rookie assists (three); His six points is also tied for second overall on Brampton.
* New York lists no former Stars on their roster.
* Dallas' roster lists two former Rangers; Sean Avery
(2006-07 to 2007-08) and Sergei Zubov (1992-93 to 1994-95).All Time – Rangers vs. Stars
At MSG: 36-16-11-0
At Minn./Dallas: 31-19-11-12008-09 - Rangers vs. Stars
Oct. 20 Rangers vs. Stars at MSG
Feb. 6 Rangers vs. Stars at Dallas
2007-08 – Rangers vs. Stars
Nov. 25 Rangers 2, Stars 3 at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 20 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Oct. 24 Rangers at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Oct. 25 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Oct. 27 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Oct. 30 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 3-1-1
* The Rangers have lost one manpower game due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack hit the road for the first time this past weekend, and dropped a pair of games in Ontario. The Hamilton Bulldogs (Montreal affiliate) handed the Pack their first shutout-against Friday night in Hamilton, a 2-0 verdict. Then, Saturday evening in Toronto, the Marlies (Maple Leafs affiliate) took a 4-1 decision from the Wolf Pack. That dropped Hartford’s season record to 1-3-0-0, heading into a road game Wednesday (7:05) in Worcester (San Jose affiliate). Following that, the Pack will be home Friday (7:00) to host Philadelphia (Flyers affiliate) and Saturday (7:00) to take on Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.