The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins today at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 33-24-8, and seventh in the Eastern Conference with 74 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Islanders, 4-2, on Thursday at Nassau Coliseum, and have earned a point in five of their last seven contests (3-2-2). New York is 5-2-2 in their last nine games at MSG. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return travel to Carolina to face-off against the Hurricanes, tomorrow, March 9 at the RBC Center (7:00 p.m.), to complete their 13th back-to-back set of the season. The Bruins, 43-14-9, currently rank first in the Eastern Conference standings with 95 points, and have lost three of their last four games.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 206.Rangers vs. Bruins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 19-10-4 at home this season; The Bruins have posted a 21-8-4 record in 33 road contests.
* The Rangers are 4-7-3 against the Northeast Division this season; The Bruins have posted a 7-2-4 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* In their last four games, the Rangers have tallied four power play goals in 17 attempts (23.5%).
* The Blueshirts have held opponents scoreless on the power play in nine of their last 11 games (33-for-35, 94.3%), including 12-for-12 in shorthanded situations over the last four games.
* New York has posted a 5-2-2 record in their last nine games at Madison Square Garden.
* The Blueshirts have recorded a 7-3-2 record in the first game of back-to-back sets, and are 4-1-0 when the first game of the set is played at MSG.
* The Rangers are 28-16-7 against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 seasons, including a 10-2-2 mark vs. Boston.
* The Blueshirts have recorded a point in 12 of their last 14 meetings with the Bruins (10-2-2), dating back to a 3-2 win on November 20, 2005 at MSG.
* Six of the Rangers last seven meetings with the Bruins have been decided by one-goal, posting a 3-2-2 record over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 9-2-2 record, along with a 1.34 goals against average and three shutouts in 13 career regular season appearances vs. the Bruins; In two games this season, Lundqvist is 1-1-0 with a 1.46 goals against average.
* Chris Drury has registered 31 points (11 goals and 20 assists) in 37 career games vs. the Bruins; Scott Gomez has notched 24 points (eight goals and 16 assists) in 31 career games vs. Boston; Nik Antropov has recorded 24 points (11 goals and 13 assists) in 37 career contests vs. the Bruins.
* Markus Naslund leads the Rangers with five goals vs. Northeast Division opponents this season.
* Artem Anisimov
, the Rangers' second round round selection (54th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 27 goals and 39 assists for 66 points in 64 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season; the Yaroslavl, Russia native has recorded four points (three goals and one assist) in the last three games, and his 66 points are currently tied for fifth in the league.
* The Rangers have two former Bruins on their roster; Paul Mara (2006-07) and Colton Orr (2003-04, 2005-06); President and General Manager Glen Sather (1966-67 - 1968-69) and Vice President and Assistant General Manager Jim Schoenfeld (1983-84) have also played for the Bruins.
* Boston's roster lists two former Rangers; Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99) and Aaron Ward (2006-07).All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 137-117-55-0
At Boston: 100-161-42-22008-09 - Rangers vs. Bruins
Nov. 15 Rangers 3, Bruins 2 (SO) at MSG
Jan. 31 Rangers 0, Bruins 1 at Boston
March 8 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
April 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at BostonUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 8 Rangers vs. Boston, 12:30 p.m.
March 9 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
March 12 Rangers at Nashville, 8 p.m.
March 14 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
March 15 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 2-1-2
Last 10 NYR games: 3-4-3Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 25 manpower games due to injury or illness this season. Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (35-23-3-3, 76 pts.) have at least a standings point in nine consecutive games (8-0-1-0), and have moved into first place in the Atlantic Division, after a 4-2 win last night at Springfield (Edmonton affiliate). That was after the Pack had a seven-game winning streak, the second-longest in team history, snapped Friday night, in a 1-0 overtime loss in Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate). The Wolf Pack, who are in the midst of a stretch of four straight, and nine out of 11, on the road, are 5-0-1-0 in their last six road games and 11-3-2-0 in their last 16. Ken Gernander’s club wraps up a stretch of four games in five days today (4:00) in Bridgeport (Islanders affilaite), and then is off until Friday night (7:05), when the Pack travels to Worcester (San Jose affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com