Some news and notes from today's morning skate session:
- All indications point to Coach Trotz using the same lineup for the fourth consecutive game.
- Blake Geoffrion made his NHL debut exactly one month ago when the Preds faced these same Dallas Stars. When talking about what he's learned over the first month in the NHL, Geoffrion said, "I think just mostly confidence. Now that I’ve had a couple games I feel that much more comfortable out there with the puck and in different situations. I was pretty nervous the first game of my career, so just more confidence and kind of know what to expect."
- Coach Trotz stressed that his team needs to manage the game tonight better than they did Thursday night against Anaheim. He was still frustrated more with the decision making during that game then he was with the team's execution and level of play. "When we have a team on the ropes, we need to deliver the knock out. We can't keep letting them get up off the mat. The good thing is we got the two points, but if you keep giving teams opportunities, one of those times they're going to get you."
- As for his team's play at the end of Thursday night's game, Coach Trotz said, "I appreciate the team work, being unselfish and trying to get a player a hat trick. In a two-goal game, you can go for it once; if it doesn't work, then just seal the deal, don't do it two or three times."
- It sounds repetitive, but tonight is another key "four-point" game for the Preds. Looking at the schedule, this might be Nashville's last head-to-head match-up against a team it is competing with for playoff positioning. "We can control our own destiny with the right result tonight," Coach Trotz stated. (click here for Preds Playoff Tracker
- Beyond points in the standings, tonight's game has added playoff implications; it will go a long way towards setting the tie-breakers between the Preds and Stars. For teams tied in points, the first tie breaker is adjusted wins (regulation and overtime wins -- shootout wins are removed from the calculation); Nashville currently leads 34 wins to 33. The second tie breaker is season series; Dallas currently leads 4 points to 2 with tonight being the final meeting of the season. The third tie breaker is goal differential; Nashville currently holds a significant 21 goal lead over the Stars (+21 to Even).