Some news and notes from today's practice:
- Defenseman Alexander Sulzer was traded this morning to Florida. Click here for the full trade press release
- Forward Steve Sullivan was placed on Injured Reserve this morning with a recurring groin injury.
- The coaches and scouts will meet on the flight out to Dallas to determine who they would like to recall from Milwaukee. Coach Trotz said he wants pieces that will give the team the best chance to win. Positionally, Coach indicated that he would like to call up a center -- Chris Mueller
and Blake Geoffrion have been the two most consistent productive centers in Milwaukee of late -- and keep Colin Wilson
playing at wing, but that a final decision has not been made. He mentioned that Wilson has been "quite good on the walls" and he believes the team is better with Wilson in that role.
- Forward Wade Belak was placed on waivers and did not participate in practice this morning.
- Coach Trotz mentioned that he told the team that there are 21 games left in the season, embrace the opportunities in front of them. Driving home the points that the playoff race is going to be tight throughout and the Western Conference race really has the feel of playoff series; the team needs to respond with "playoff type effort."
- Coach Trotz mentioned that he felt the team did a lot right last night, but just didn't find the back of the net. He was pleased with the team's effort, intensity, and detail during the Chicago game, much more so than the game last weekend vs. Phoenix or Tuesday night at Columbus.
- Coach Trotz indicated that Francis Bouillon
is making progress and that he was comfortable with the depth at defense, noting Blum's strong play in his first two games plus Teemu Laakso
, Aaron Johnson, and Roman Josi