VOTE FOR GENO Campaign Headquarters
CONSOL Energy Center
You can be a part of history.
With a swift click of your index finger, you can exercise your right as a human (or non-human, we don’t discriminate), a citizen and a lover of liberty and vote Evgeni Malkin for the cover of EA Sports NHL 13.
Malkin is going head-to-head with Philadelphia statesman Claude Giroux in the semifinals round of voting for the privilege of representing the entire National Hockey League on the world’s No. 1 hockey video game franchise. Voting runs from Thursday, May 24 to Monday, May 28, and fans can vote as many times as possible.
Malkin understands the issues that concern voters.
Geno, as he’s affectionately known as, is an advocate for a shorter workweek, a strong economy, more jobs, a balanced budget and freedom.
Geno’s work ethic and determination, which has made him the best player in the world, comes from his working class background, which he learned while growing up in the blue-collar city of Magnitogorsk. Malkin has strong family values instilled in him from his loving and ever-present parents Vladimir and Natalia.
Malkin has already proven he’s the right man for the job. Why should you vote for Geno? Take a look at his record and platform:
- 1. He won the Conn Smythe (playoff MVP) when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 2009.
- 2. He regularly helps little old ladies cross the street. Pretty amazing if you’ve ever driven in Pittsburgh. Thankfully Geno wasn’t driving.
- 3. He won a gold medal at the World Championship.
- 4. When he isn’t saving kittens from burning buildings, he tweets photos of his own cat Dixi (his babe).
- 5. He won his second NHL scoring title.
- 6. The Cold War is over.
- 7. He wins at life and Twitter (here, here and here).
- 8. He’s endorsed by James Neal, Steve Sullivan, Pascal Dupuis, Nikolai Volkoff, Tyler Kennedy, Matt Cooke, Vladimir Putin, Craig Adams, Deryk Engelland and Ivan Drago.
- 9. He’s a three-time team MVP, four-time NHL All-Star, 3-time finalist for Hart Trophy (NHL MVP) and Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player as voted by peers) and he’s a great swimmer.
- 10. Because girls love ))))
- 11. Because he wears denim on denim (pandering to the Canadian tuxedo crowd).
- 12. Because you'll end up with a dolphin tattoo on your face.
- 66. Because Mario said so.
Now think charitably – as Geno would. Can the hockey world afford one more year of someone else on the cover? Isn’t it time for a change?
Go to www.nhl.com/covervote or www.pittsburghpenguins.com/vote and be a part of the Geno Revolution. And just like Chicago in the 1960s, you can vote as many times as you want. So stuff those ballot boxes on the Internet.
At a time of uncertainty for the future of video game covers, the hockey world needs a leader with Malkin’s credentials. It’s time to take back the cover. It’s time to vote for Geno.