VERIZON GAME DAY REPORT
Katie O'Malley and Sam Kasan have the latest...
LOCKER ROOM INTERVIEWS
For those who may not remember what Sid is talking about, watch his now-infamous fight with now-teammate Matt Niskanen just a few months before Dallas traded him to Pittsburgh below...
UPDATES FROM COACH
Following the morning skate, coach Dan Bylsma provided a couple of updates on his lineup...
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start in goal. He leads all NHL netminders with 28 wins, has gone 12-3 in his last 15 starts, is two wins shy of reaching the 30-win mark for the fifth-straight full NHL season (excluding last year’s shortened season) and the sixth time overall and is 3-1 in his last four road starts.
- Forward Andrew Ebbett will return to the lineup tonight vs. Dallas. He missed the last 21 games with a broken ankle before being activated off the injured reserve list on Thursday.
Niskanen returns to Big D
...as does Neal
--Sam Kasan & Michelle Crechiolo
MORNING SKATE INFO
All the Pens healthy players are on the ice for the morning skate, as well as injured Brian Gibbons (lower-body). The team used the following workflow...
BEHIND ENEMY LINES
Kari Lehtonen was the first goalie off the ice of the Stars morning skate. Looks like he'll be starting in goal.
For a scouting report on the Stars, check out Michelle Crechiolo's video below...
START THE DAY
Good morning hockey fans! Tonight the Pens will battle the Dallas Stars in Texas. The team had the day off Friday after back-to-back wins Wednesday and Thursday night against Montreal and NY Islanders respectfully. Here are some quick game notes to get your started on the day...
- The Penguins face the Dallas Stars (TV: ROOT SPORTS; Radio: 105.9 the X) at American Airlines Center.
- Pittsburgh is 7-1-1 in its last nine games.
- The Penguins are 15-3-1 in their last 19 games.
- This is the first meeting between the Penguins and Stars since Pittsburgh’s 4-3 shootout win here on Feb. 29, 2012.
- Pittsburgh has won seven of its last eight games against Dallas.
- Here in Dallas the Penguins are 3-1 in their past four visits.
- Pittsburgh is coming off a sweep of back-to-back games against Montreal and the NY Islanders, which improved its record in back-toback situations to 14-5-1 this year. The Penguins are 9-0-1 in their last five sets of back-to-backs.
Stick tap: Pens PR
We're going to start the day with Fort Worth, Texas band The Toadies. Back in the day MTV used to air a show called "120 Minutes" which showcased a lot of the underground/up-and-coming bands of the early 90s. Many of the "grunge" bands gained a lot of exposure in that slot, which ran for, you guessed it, two hours. The Toadies performed their biggest hit "Possum Kingdom" back in 1995 (hard to believe that is nearly 20 years ago - I'm old).
Anyways, enjoy #MattPinfield