Fans are encouraged to arrive early for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals Saturday at Mellon Arena. Gates will open at 6:30 p.m. for the 8 p.m. game between the Penguins and Detroit Red Wings.
Fans will again be able to enjoy a number of activities in and around the arena to celebrate the Finals. Among them:
· The Hockey Hall of Fame will have two of its most popular interactive games outside Gate One. Fans can participate in “Showdown” and “Shutout” – virtual shooting and goaltender games – free of charge.
· There will be an outdoor barbeque on the terrace above Gate Two, starting at 5 p.m.
· Canadian sports networks TSN and Rogers Sportsnet will be doing live pre-game shows and analysis outside. The TSN broadcast position will be located on Mario Lemieux Place, while Rogers Sportsnet will be on a plaza next to the Marriott.
· The video screen outside Game 3 will be showing highlights leading up to the game broadcast.
· Official Stanley Cup Finals merchandise is available for purchase at outdoor stands starting at 3 p.m. Stands are located near Gates One and Three.
· The Hockey Hall of Fame will have a display of NHL trophies inside the arena, across from the Consolidated Communications East Lounge. Trophies include the Conn Smythe, the Hart Memorial, the Art Ross and the Calder.
The Penguins are again calling for a whiteout, and all fans attending the game will receive white t-shirts, courtesy of the Bank of New York Mellon, and white towels, courtesy of Dick’s Sporting Goods.
The 12x16 LED screen near Gate 3 will again be showing the NBC game broadcast, starting at 8 p.m.