SUNRISE, Fla. – The Florida Panthers Foundation announced today that the entire Panthers team and organization will be involved during four major initiatives during the month of December.
Those initiatives are:
- Florida Panthers Foundation Underprivileged Meal for the Palm Beach County Boys & Girls Club on Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the English Tap & Beer Garden in Boca Raton
- IOA Ice & Dice Casino Night benefitting the Florida Panthers Foundation on Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. at the Marriott Harbor Beach in Ft. Lauderdale
- Florida Panthers Foundation Holiday Hangout on Monday, Dec. 19 at 1 p.m. at the Chris Evert Children’s Hospital’s pediatric oncology unit in Ft. Lauderdale
- The Toys For Tots U.S. Marines Toy Drive during Panthers home games on Dec. 13, 16, 18 and 20.
The Florida Panthers Foundation Underprivileged Meal will feature Cats players Mike Santorelli
, Mikael Samuelsson
, Marco Sturm
and Jack Skille
hosting a holiday dinner for 50 children and families from the Palm Beach County Boys & Girls Club. The dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m. and take place at the English Tap & Beer Garden, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, FL 33486.
The IOA Ice & Dice Casino Night benefitting the Florida Panthers Foundation is a black tie casino night featuring roulette, black jacks, craps, poker, slot machines and more with the entire Panthers roster of players, coaches and staff in attendance. IOA Ice & Dice will take place at 7 p.m. at the Marriott Harbor Beach, 3030 Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.
Panthers players Ed Jovanovski
, Scottie Upshall
, Jason Garrison
and Mike Weaver
will take part in the Panthers Foundation Holiday Hangout. The Holiday Hangout, scheduled for inpatient and outpatient children at Chris Evert Children’s Hospital, will include a pizza party, face-painting, arts and crafts, cupcake decorating, one-on-one hockey lessons with the players, along with the opportunity to visit with our very own Santa Claus. The event will take place at 1 p.m. at the Chris Evert Children’s Hospital at Broward General, 1600 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.
U.S. Marines will be at three locations on the BankAtlantic Center’s JetBlue Tarmac collecting toys for the Toys For Tots drive during the following Panthers home games:
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 vs. New Jersey
- Friday, Dec. 16 vs. Calgary
- Sunday, Dec. 18 vs. Carolina
- Tuesday, Dec. 20 vs. Phoenix
All players scheduled to appear are subject to change.
The Florida Panthers Foundation, established in 2003, is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization committed to building a better future for the children of South Florida. The Foundation achieves its goals through philanthropic partnerships, grants, donations and community outreach programs. In 2010, the Foundation’s focus shifted to include the fight against pediatric cancer, which it sustains today. The Foundation also maintains a concentration on children's health, fitness, education and cultural needs.
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers hockey club, the Broward County-owned BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year.