FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Feb. 16 prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(28-18-4, sixth in AHL Western Conference)
Feb. 10 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (1-6 L)
Feb. 13 – San Antonio Rampage at Grand Rapids Griffins (5-4 W)
Feb. 14 - San Antonio Rampage at Grand Rapids Griffins (2-4 L)
Feb. 15 - San Antonio Rampage at Rockford Icehogs (1-2 L)
Rampage F Connor Brickley has three goals in his last two games played and is currently on a two-game goal streak. Rampage F Mark Mancari recorded five assists in three games marking a three-game point streak.
Topping the Griffins
On Feb. 13 the Silver and Black took down the Grand Rapids Griffins 5-4 with an OT game-winner from F Rocco Grimaldi. Grimaldi's goal is his fourth overtime game-winner this season. F Brett Olson, F Bobby Butler, F Vincent Trocheck and F Garrett Wilson notched goals for the Rampage.
Rampage Players Recalled
The Panthers currently have three players on their roster who have also spent time in San Antonio this season including D Steven Kampfer, D Shane O'Brien and D Alex Petrovic.
Feb. 18 – San Antonio Rampage at Rockford Icehogs (10:30 A.M. CST)
Feb. 21 – San Antonio Rampage at Chicago Wolves (7:00 P.M. CST)
Feb. 22 – San Antonio Rampage at Chicago Wolves (3:00 P.M. CST)
(23-20-4, ninth in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Feb. 11 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Reading Royals (0-5 L)
Feb. 13 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Indy Fuel (2-3 L)
Feb. 14 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Indy Fuel (4-1 W)
Feb. 15 - Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Toledo Walleye (3-2 W)
Two Wins for Brittain
The Cyclones notched two victories out of their four games played this week. G Sam Brittain was in net for both victories making 37 saves on 40 shots over the two-game span.
Feb. 18 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Evansville Iceman (7:30 P.M. EST)
Feb. 20 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Toledo Walleye (7:15 P.M. EST)
Feb. 21 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Reading Royals (7:35 P.M. EST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 58 points (28-30—58) in 46 games with a plus-20 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL). In five games played in the month of February, Clapperton has recorded eight points (6-2—8), including three consecutive multi-point games.
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 47 points (19-28—47) in 40 games with a plus-27 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 31 points (11-20—31) in 47 games with a plus-24 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2013 draft choice D Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has 18 points (5-13—18) in 26 games for the University of Michigan. The sophomore is second on Michigan in points among defensemen and is tied for first among defensemen in goals. Among the Big Ten conference defensemen, Downing ranks third in points.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 37 points (16-21—37) in 26 games for the University of Michigan. Hyman leads Michigan and the Big Ten in scoring, while ranking tenth in the nation in scoring.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has 19 points (2-17—19) in 30 games for Boston College. In his last six games, Matheson has recorded five points (0-5—5).
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded 12 points (4-8—12) in 27 games for Boston College. In Boston College's 6-5 win over Vermont on Feb. 14, McCoshen notched two goals.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 30 points (13-17—30) in 28 games for the University of Minnesota. Rau recorded the second hat trick of his collegiate career against University of Michigan on Feb. 13. His first goal of the night marked his 150th college career point, making him the 27th player in Gophers history to reach the 150 point mark. The Gophers senior ranks second in scoring on Minnesota and fifth in the Big Ten. Rau has played 149 games for the Gophers, recording 153 points (60-93—153).
Click to download the full PDF Prospect Report for Feb. 16