Storylines to Watch
- G Roberto Luongo's 67th career shutout against Buffalo (Oct. 17), is tied with Roy Worters (1925-37) for 13th all-time in shutouts. Luongo needs one shutout to break the tie and pass Worters.
- F Jussi Jokinen sits one goal away from his 150th career goal and rides a four-game assist streak, which began Oct. 21 at Colorado.
- D Aaron Ekblad will officially remain with the Panthers.
- Former Boston Bruin F Shawn Thornton returns to Boston for the first time since signing with Florida on July 1, 2014.
- The Panthers have only allowed five goals during five-on-five play in nine games this season.
Nov. 4 at Boston Bruins (7-6-0, sixth in the East)
All-Time Record against Boston: 32-36-6-5
All-Time Record at Boston: 18-19-4-0
The Panthers ship off to Boston for the first time this season, facing a just above .500 Bruins team. Faced with injuries on the backend, the Bruins will be without captain Zdeno Chara among others. Tuesday's game will be Florida's first of four meetings with last year's Atlantic Division champions.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- BOSTON
- F Patrice Bergeron has posted 29 points (12-17-29) in 36 career games against FLA.
- F David Krejci has posted 23 points (9-14-23) in 27 career games against FLA.
- F Brad Marchand has posted 13 points (7-6-13) in 16 career games against FLA.
- G Tuukka Rask owns a 10-1-0 record with three shutouts in 11 career games against FLA.
CATS VS. BRUINS
- D Brian Campbell has posted 22 points (4-18-22) in 47 career games against BOS.
- F Jussi Jokinen has posted 16 points (5-11-16) in 23 career games against BOS.
- F Nick Bjugstad has posted four points (0-4-4) in six career games against BOS.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 12-12-0 record with four shutouts in 28 career games played against BOS.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Brad Boyes played two seasons (2005-07) posting 103 points (39-64-103) in 144 games.
- Panthers F Shawn Thornton won a Stanley Cup with Boston (2011) and played seven seasons for the Bruins (2007-14) posting 76 points (34-42-76) in 480 games.
- Panthers F Jimmy Hayes is a native of Dorchester, Massachusetts and played his college hockey at Boston College (2008-11) posting 81 points (42-39-81) in 117 games.
- Bruins F Gregory Campbell was selected by Florida in the third round (67th overall) of the 2002 draft. Campbell played six seasons (2003-2010) with the Panthers recording 85 points (29-56-85) in 363 games.
-Bruins D Dennis Seidenberg played one season for Florida (2009-10) before being traded to Boston at the 2010 trade deadline.
- Bruins D Matt Bartkowski was selected by Florida in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2008 draft, before being traded to Boston along with Seidenberg.
Nov. 6 at Philadelphia (4-5-2, 12th in the East)
All-Time Record against Philadelphia: 31-41-7-5
All-Time Record at Philadelphia: 18-17-6-1
After a meeting at BB&T Center which saw Florida defeat Philadelphia 2-1 on Nov. 1, the Cats and Flyers lock up again, this time at Wells Fargo Center in Philly. The two clubs played in a low scoring affair in their recent meeting as G Roberto Luongo made 36 saves on 37 shots allowing the lone Philadelphia goal with seven seconds remaining.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- PHILADELPHIA
- C Vincent Lecavalier recorded the lone tally for Philadelphia in their recent meeting with FLA. Lecavalier has posted 72 points (28-44-72) in 82 career games against FLA.
- C Claude Giroux has posted ten points (2-8-10) in eight career games against FLA.
- F Matt Read has posted seven points (6-1-7) in nine career games against FLA.
- F Jakub Voracek is among the league leaders in points, sitting second with 16 points (3-13-16). Voracek has scored six points (3-3-6) in 14 career games against FLA.
CATS VS. PHILLY
- F Jussi Jokinen has posted 21 points (9-12-21) in 24 career games against PHI.
- F Jonathan Huberdeau has posted five points (3-2-5) in six career games against PHI.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 5-7-2 record with one shutout in 16 career games against PHI.
- D Aaron Ekblad recorded his first NHL goal against PHI in their last meeting.
- D Willie Mitchell recorded his first goal as a Panther against PHI in their last meeting.
DID YOU KNOW?
- F Scottie Upshall spent three seasons with the Flyers (2006-09) recording 64 points (27-37-64) in 134 games.
- F Jonathan Huberdeau recorded the first four point night (2-2-4) of his career against Philadelphia (2/21/13) . The night included his first career penalty shot goal and his first career game-winning goal.
- Philadelphia assistant coach, Gord Murphy spent six seasons with the Panthers as a player (1993-99) recording 142 points (42-100-142) in 410 games and also spent four seasons as an assistant coach for the Panthers (2010-13). Murphy served as an assistant coach with the Columbus Blue Jackets (2002-10), coaching alongside Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant (2000-07).
Nov. 8 vs. Calgary (7-4-2, fourth in the West)
All-Time Record against Calgary: 9-9-3-4
All-Time Record at home against Calgary: 4-5-2-2
Florida will host a western Canadian team for the first time this season in a 3pm matinee game against Calgary. The Flames are one of the hottest teams in the league, backstopped by G Jonas Hiller. A young, hard-working team with a healthy mix of veterans and top goaltender, the Panthers and the Flames have a lot in common when it comes to the makeup of their teams.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- CALGARY
- F Juri Hudler has posted four points (1-3-4) in seven career games against FLA.
- F Curtis Glencross has posted four points (1-3-4) in six career games against FLA.
- D Mark Giordano has two goals (2-0-2) in five career games against FLA.
- G Jonas Hiller owns a 4-0-0 record with two shutouts in four career games against FLA.
CATS VS. FLAMES
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 18 points (7-11-18) in 20 career games against CGY.
- D Brian Campbell has recorded ten points (1-9-10) in 18 career games against CGY.
- F Jimmy Hayes has two points (1-1-2) in three career games against CGY.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 25-13-3 record with one shutout in 42 career games against CGY.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers D Dylan Olsen's hometown is Calgary, Alberta.
- Flames D Dennis Wideman played one season for Florida (2010-11) posting 33 points (9-24-33) in 61 games played. Wideman was part of the return from Boston in the trade that sent Campbell and Horton to the Bruins in exchange for the picks leading to Bjugstad and Rau for Florida. Florida moved Wideman to the Washington Capitals, in exchange for a package including a 2011 third round pick, which Florida used to select, Jonathan Racine (87th overall).