The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation (EOCF) Community Grants provides funding to organizations that are aligned to our investment focus or support an emergent need in the community.
- Single year funding
- Up to $25,000 per season∗
- Maximum one application per season∗
∗For the purpose of the Community Grant application, the 2023-24 dates are from October 2, 2023 – June 30, 2024.
Our investment focus is on the following areas:
Changing futures for youth through the power and spirit of hockey
Every kid deserves a shot.
Through the power and spirit of hockey, we will shape the futures and unlock the potential of youth, across Oil Country.
- RESILIENCE - Providing youth with the supports and tools to reach their potential
- ACCESS & INCLUSION - Making engagement with hockey possible for everyone
- INSPIRATION - Leveraging the magic of hockey to give youth hope, courage, and focus
- ASPIRATION - Giving youth something tangible related to hockey to believe in and strive for in their lives
Standing up for Oil Country
Stepping up in times of community need and crisis to ensure EOCF is being a good community citizen.
To be eligible for a Community Grant your organization must be:
- A registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency
- Alberta Based – dollars stay in Alberta
- Accept AGLC gaming dollars
What Is Not Eligible
Please note that the following areas/groups are precluded from support by the EOCF:
- Adult sport groups
- Capital campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Minor sport associations and teams¹
- Organizations not located in Northern or Central Alberta
- Playground projects
- Political causes or candidates
- Prizing or giveaways
- Religious or fraternal organizations
- Sponsorship of events²
- Third-party fundraising (defined as an event put on by one community group or organization for the benefit of another group or charitable organization)
How to Apply
Please note that the application cycle for the Community Grants Program is now closed.
Organizations will be contacted in May 2024 to receive information regarding the outcome of their application.
Thank you for your interest in our Community Grants Program.