WASHINGTON -- The National Hockey League would like to remind fans attending Thursday's 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® (1 p.m., ET, NBC, CBC, TVA) about some traffic, parking and security matters:
* Gates at Nationals Park will open at 11 a.m. We encourage all fans to arrive early as to allow enough time to proceed through security checks.
* NO bags larger than 16” X 16” X 8” will be allowed into the stadium. All bags are subject to search.
* All guests require a ticket for entry regardless of age.
* No third-party Will Call will be accepted.
* Spectator Plaza presented by GEICO, a free fan festival, will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on January 1 at the Fairgrounds (directly outside the Center Field Gate of Nationals Park) with additional activities on Half Street.
* Be sure to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
* Many lots and garages surrounding Nationals Park are expected to sell out before the day of the event, so it is strongly recommended that fans purchase a parking pass in advance if driving. Parking passes may be purchased by clicking here.
For the latest on the 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®, fans should visit NHL.com/WinterClassic and follow the NHL on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and join the conversation by using the official hashtag #WinterClassic.