- So now that pool play in each bracket is complete, it's time for the teams in each bracket to congregate in Calgary for medal and relegation-round competition in the 2012 World Junior Championship.
In Group A, Sweden, Russia and Slovakia were the top three teams and in Group B, Canada, Finland and the Czech Republic earned spots in the medal round. The United States joins Denmark, Switzerland and Latvia in the relegation round, which will also take place at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary.
Canada is the only country to win all four games in regulation during preliminary-round play, outscoring the opposition, 26-5. Sweden, the Group A winner and also unbeaten, outscored its foes, 26-11.
The teams receive a day off on New Year's Day but will commence action on Monday.
Finland vs. Slovakia, 5 p.m. ET
Russia vs. Czech Republic, 9 p.m. ET
Sweden vs. Finland/Slovakia winner, 5 p.m. ET
Canada vs. Russia/Czech Republic winner, 9 p.m. ET
- Placement Round (5th/6th), 11 p.m. ET
- Bronze medal game at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Gold medal game at 10 p.m. ET
- Team USA vs. Latvia, 1 p.m. ET
- Latvia vs. Denmark, 1 p.m. ET
- Switzerland vs. Team USA, 5 p.m. ET
Follow Mike Morreale on Twitter at: @mike_morreale