* Are Curtis Joseph
(465 career wins) and Chris Osgood
(385 career wins) Hockey Hall of Fame material? Let's include Bill Guerin
(GP-1,174 PTS-807) and Gary Roberts
(GP-1,194 PTS-903) in the picture too.
* Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling Jaromir Jagr
will be playing in the NHL next season?
* With his next win, Martin Brodeur
will break Patrick Roy
's all-time wins record of 551. Is there any goalie now playing in the NHL that could come close to winning 500 regular season games?
* As of this morning, my prediction for the Conference Finals are Boston and New Jersey in the East and Detroit and Calgary in the West. Of course, that may change by the end of this week.
* A quick Google search for "NHL bloggers" results in 1,630,000 results. I had no idea it would be that high!
* When surfing the web for your latest hockey news, where do you go to first? A main stream media site (online newspaper), a well known hockey site or a blog?
* On Saturday, April 11, one day before the regular season ends, 26 teams are in action. I hope at least half of the games will still have playoff implications, making it a very exciting day for hockey watching.
* Mike Babcock has not played a line of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Hossa very much in the regular season. But come playoff time, expect to see more of these three together.
* Who's the one player your team doesn't have that you wish they did? Remember, they have to fit under the salary cap.
* My prediction for four-game sweeps in the Stanley Cup Playoffs is two. Too low?
* I still miss the goal judge not sitting directly behind the goal net. Another old-time tradition fading away.
* Your early prediction for the Conn Smythe Winner (MVP of the Stanley Cup Playoffs) is ? _______________________
* I don't know the answer but would like to find out -- Are the percentages better of scoring a goal on a breakaway during a game or in the shootout?
* Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals- My two goalies of choice would be Martin Brodeur
and Roberto Luongo
. Anyone disagree?
* It is March Madness around here. That's right, the race for the second season in the NHL is the most exciting time of year!
Feel free to leave comments below or here
and as always, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, concerns of if you just want to talk hockey.