Home Team in Caps
Arizona 4, ANAHEIM 3 (OT)
HOCKEY HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CELEBRATION
The Hockey Hall of Fame inducted five players and two builders – and also honored two media members (Bob McKenzie and Nick Nickson) – as part of its class of 2015 on Monday night. Click on the below links for more information on each inductee.
2015 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees
Sergei Fedorov (Player)
Bill Hay (Builder)
Phil Housley (Player)
Peter Karmanos Jr. (Builder)
Nicklas Lidstrom (Player)
Chris Pronger (Player)
Angela Ruggiero (Player)
YOUTH LEAD COYOTES AGAINST SURGING DUCKS
Down 2-0, rookies Max Domi (2-0—2) and Anthony Duclair (1-0—1) combined for three goals in the second period and Mikkel Boedker (1-1—2) scored on a breakaway at 1:18 of overtime as the Arizona Coyotes ended the Anaheim Ducks' four-game winning streak.
* Domi posted his first career multi-goal game and is tied with Oscar Lindberg (New York Rangers) for the League-lead among rookies with seven goals. Duclair scored on a man advantage and leads all rookies with three power-play goals.
* Domi and Duclair, who respectively posted 1-1—2 and 3-0—3 in a 4-0 win on Oct. 14 at ANA, have combined for 7-1—8 in their first two career games against the Ducks.
* Boedker’s marker was his first career regular-season overtime goal. He scored two overtime goals in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs on April 17 and 19, 2012 in back-to-back games at the Chicago Blackhawks.
* Per Elias, Boedker – a native of Brondby, Denmark – became the third Danish-born player in NHL history to score a regular-season overtime goal. The others: Frans Nielsen (New York Islanders) on Dec. 12, 2009 against the Boston Bruins and Lars Eller (Montreal Canadiens) on April 9, 2015 against the Detroit Red Wings.
* Per Elias, the Coyotes earned consecutive road wins vs. ANA in a single season for the first time since 2010-11 (3-0 W on Dec. 5, 2010 and 5-2 W on March 13, 2011).
MILESTONES & BENCHMARKS
* Coyotes forward Shane Doan skated in his 1,408th NHL game and passed Dale Hunter for sole possession of 33rd on the League’s all-time list. Doan is one game shy of tying Paul Coffey (1,409 GP) for 32nd.
Coyotes goaltender Anders Lindback turned aside 33 of 36 shots to earn the victory. ... Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal (0-1—1) shares a six-player tie for second among League-leaders with 13 assists. ... Coyotes forward Dustin Jeffrey registered an assist in his first game since April 13, 2014 at PHX (w/ Dallas Stars). ... Anaheim's Sami Vatanen (1-1—2) and Ryan Kesler (1-1—2) each posted multi-point outings. ... Ducks goaltender Frederik Andersen (24 saves) fell to 3-0-3 in six career starts vs. the Coyotes. ... The effects of the new 3-on-3 overtime format and the impact of the newly instituted coach's challenge will be reviewed Tuesday when the NHL general managers convene for their annual November meeting... Chicago Blackhawks right wing Patrick Kane, Dallas Stars center Tyler Seguin and Montreal Canadiens goaltender Mike Condon have been named the NHL's "Three Stars" for the week ending Nov. 8.